Dell Management Console
Dell™ Management Console (DMC) powered by Altiris™ from Symantec™ enables you to manage a heterogeneous environment.
|Discovery, Inventory and Reporting||Provides a holistic view of the IT environment. Choose from device tree view, graphical reports or exportable tables and drill into any device to see in-depth hardware inventory data.|
|Hardware Monitoring||Proactive heartbeat monitoring on user-defined schedule and asynchronous event reception for Dell systems. Import Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) management information bases (MIBs) to receive events from non-Dell devices.|
|OS Monitoring||Monitor utilization of memory, CPU, free space and I/O (input/output). View historical reports or live graphs for monitored devices. Generate alerts based on user-defined thresholds.|
|Hardware Updates||Push agent, BIOS, driver and firmware updates to Dell servers. Console can be configured to download the latest updates from Dell.com on a scheduled basis.|
Installation Options and Recommendations
Basic: DMC powered by Altiris from Symantec comes with every Dell PowerEdge™ server. Register and download DMC for free.
Better: Dell Management Console — PowerEdge R200 appliance simplifies the deployment of DMC. Add three days of remote consulting available from NetX, a Symantec partner, for complete installation and knowledge transfer.
- Appliance Basic: Intel® Core™ 2 dual-core with Microsoft® SQL Server® Express Edition for less than 2,000 nodes
- Appliance Enhanced: Intel Core 2 quad-core with Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition for less than 3,000 nodes
- Appliance-per-day remote consulting
Preferred: A Dell Services representative will visit your company on-site for a five-day install and best-practices overview.
- DMC Clients Accelerator
- DMC Servers Accelerator
Upgrade your DMC with the Dell Server Management Suite to add the following benefits:
- Operating system (OS) patching for Windows® and Linux® servers
- Automated deployment for Windows/Linux servers and blades
- OS and application monitoring
- Comprehensive OS and application inventory
- Software: Symantec Management Platform
- OS: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 32-bit, Standard or Enterprise
- Database: Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2005, Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition 2008, SQL Server Standard Edition 2005 or SQL Server Standard Edition 2008
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7 or 8