Efficient data management isn't just about having enough storage capacity any more. Data doubles every 18 months1, and more than 90 percent of this data is never accessed after initial use2. Add to these stringent regulations governing data retention and your employees' need for instant file access, and you have a recipe for potentially crippling data storage costs.
Enter Dell™ Email and File Archive, a comprehensive, fully integrated solution that combines Dell services, storage systems and servers with industry-leading archiving software.
We can help you slash costs, promote productivity, ensure regulatory compliance and prepare for e-discovery. And we’ll work with you every step of the way, so you can rein-in data storage growth and more easily manage your existing files, emails and SharePoint® sites.
The Email and File Archive solution can help:
- Simplify e-discovery and ensure regulatory compliance — You can meet data retention and deletion requirements by implementing efficient search, retrieval and policy management tools.
- Reduce data management costs — With data tiering and consolidation, as well as automated policy management, you can move rarely used data to economical long-term archive storage. This helps minimize the amount of data backed up every day, which shortens backup times and frees up more IT resources for other projects.
- Optimize and speed up data retrieval — We help you improve relevant search results with proven software and retrieval services, so you can get your employees the information they need, when they need it.
- Create an open, flexible infrastructure — We champion standards-based solutions that help you scale without having to rip and replace equipment or perform frequent data migrations.
- Prepare for future data growth — According to recent studies by ESG, file-based content represents 76 percent of archival data3 and stored archival data is growing at an astonishing 56 percent per year4. Start preparing for this data explosion now with a true end-to-end archiving solution.
The Dell Difference
With this unique approach to archiving, you can:
- Maximize return on your storage investment — Dell storage systems can help you keep a lid on data growth while lowering the total cost of ownership. Simple to install and easy to maintain, the Dell DX Object Storage platform is designed to reduce maintenance costs and provide cost-effective scalability.
- Obtain a single point of contact — We can design, deploy and support a complete solution, start to finish, and we're a partner you can trust.
- Avoid the “one-size-fits-all” trap — You can design the right blend of software, storage systems and cloud-based services to meet your organization's precise needs.
1 IDC White Paper sponsored by EMC, As the Economy Contracts, the Digital Universe Expands, May 2009
2 Measurement and Analysis of Large-Scale Network File System Workloads, University of California, Santa Cruz, USENIX Technical Conference, 2008
3 ESG White Paper sponsored by Dell, Archive TCO: 5 Year TCO Comparing Dell DX to Tape and NAS for Long Term Archive, February 2011
4 ESG estimates a 56 percent compound annual growth rate for archival data needing to be stored by commercial and governmental organizations. ESG Research Report, Digital Archive Market Forecast, June 2010