Connect Blades Faster and More Simply With Dell
Ready to deploy blades in your data center? With Dell switches and I/O (input/output) technologies, you can stop worrying about switch interoperability and networking integration. And, just as importantly, you can avoid getting locked in an architecture that can’t expand to meet your future needs.
Dell can help you more simply connect the components of your data center.
With our standards-based I/O (input/output) slots and embedded switch options, you’ll have the flexibility to meet increases in I/O consumption. Plus, our FlexIO switch technology provides additional uplink and stacking functionality modularly — ensuring true scalability, so you won’t have to rip and replace.
Our products include:
- Dell PowerConnect™ and Cisco® switches, which provide scalable Ethernet stacking and throughput
- Fibre Channel switches from Brocade®, offering powerful connectivity to Dell/EMC storage area network (SAN) fabrics
- The Dell 8/4Gb Fibre Channel SAN Module N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV) port aggregator, enabling seamless connectivity to any SAN fabric
- Quad data rate (QDR) InfiniBand™ switches from Mellanox®, offering 40Gb connectivity for the lowest latency in high-performance computing applications
- LAN and SAN I/O modules with port aggregation capabilities in either 1Gb Ethernet, 10Gb Ethernet or 8Gbps Fibre Channel, which provide the:
- Failover and redundancy performance of a switch
- Simplicity of a pass-through module to speed integration and reduce network setup complexity
28 Jul 2010 By : Ed Tittel