Server virtualization refers to computers or servers, called virtual machines or virtual servers, simulated using software. Each virtual server runs on its own partition on a physical server. Typically, many virtual servers can run on one physical server. They are isolated from one another and can be moved easily, even automatically, between physical servers.
At a business level, virtualizing data center resources with Dell solutions is a tactical approach to reducing equipment costs, increasing value and providing better system availability to your users.
Learn how to manage all your resources — from data center hardware and software to time and people — in an efficient, open and affordable way. You can do more with less:
- Run multiple applications and operating systems independently on a single server.
- Move workloads easily from one virtual workspace to another.
- Configure and deploy new servers in a few minutes instead of hours.
- Reduce equipment and maximize server resources.
- Lower data center costs significantly with power and labor savings.