Project Sputnik — our open, six-month product exploration — helped us identify what you want in a developer laptop.
Buy one now:
Create your next web or mobile app on our Dell™ XPS™ 13 laptop, developer edition — focused on speed, mobility and cloud readiness.
Our Dell XPS 13 Linux® laptop features:
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS loaded onto our sleek, ultramobile Dell XPS 13 laptop.
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS augmented with the necessary hardware drivers and basic tools, and utilities that support building, testing and producing applications.
- A cloud launcher (beta) that enables "microcloud" creation on your laptop and simulates an at-scale environment; that environment can then be deployed seamlessly to the cloud.
- A profile tool (beta) that will provide access to a library of profiles, such as Ruby and Android, to quickly set up your development environments and tool chains. Join in and help build out the community library.
- A state-of-the-art viewing experience with Full HD (high-definition) 1080p display.
Keep giving us your input:
We will continue to evolve our developer-focused laptop in an open environment — and that means we want to hear from you. Join our forum discussions, share your experiences and keep up with the latest news:
- XPS 13 developer edition (project Sputnik) @ Dell TechCenter — FAQs, forum and project details
- Project Sputnik on GitHub — Help us evolve the community tools
- Barton’s Blog — Information, videos and updates
*The laptop is now available in the following additional countries:
- Online: Austria, Belgium (Dutch), Belgium (French), Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland (French), Switzerland (German), United Kingdom and Norway
- Via phone:
- Finland (+358 (0)207-533-533)
- Luxembourg (+352-26-30-47-1)
- Poland (+48-22-579-59-99)
- Working on: We are currently working out a strategy to try and support the following countries: Israel, Morocco, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, UAE.