Client-hosted virtualization (CHV) enables you to work with your virtual resources without a network connection.
You start by connecting to your virtual desktop on a server in the data center. Then you can download your virtual server session to your local desktop and terminate your network connection. This enables you to take your virtual resources with you wherever you go. Your virtual resources stay completely isolated from any of your other desktop resources. When you reconnect to the server, your virtual server session gets updated with the changes on your desktop session. Client-hosted virtualization enables:
- The freedom to work anywhere, at anytime — without access to an internet connection
- A protected work environment for your virtual resources
- Automated provisioning potential — update the virtual session on your actual desktop every time you connect to your virtual session on the server
- Simplified regulatory compliance — because the data is kept in isolation when you work, it's easier to regulate it
- Longer desktop lifecycles — a Dell hallmark — than many competing solutions
- The ability to switch between your traditional desktop environment and your virtual session without impacting either
Use CHV to work with your virtual resources where/when you don't have access to a network connection or to run multiple virtual sessions on the same desktop computer. To get CHV installed on selected Latitude™ and OptiPlex™ systems, order it through the Custom Factory Integration (CFI) process.