Bring more performance, efficiency and versatility to your data center with next-generation PowerEdge servers, powered by the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 product family. Designed to deliver the best combination of performance, built-in capabilities and cost-effectiveness, the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 product family can help you streamline operations, eliminate data bottlenecks and increase your business agility.
The Intel® Xeon® processor E5 product family is powerful, versatile processor at the heart of your flexible, efficient data center. From virtualization and cloud computing to design automation or real-time financial transactions, you'll be delighted by better than ever performance and dramatically reduced I/O (input/output) latency.
- The Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2400 product family addresses the needs of growing small and medium businesses for 2S severs.
- The Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 product family provides mainstream leadership.
- The Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 product family provides enhanced performance, improved total cost of ownership and greater flexibility for high density 4S servers.
|Streamline your data center |
- Intel-integrated I/O reduces I/O latency up to 30 percent,* and supports the PCIe 3.0 specification, improving I/O bandwidth to up to twice that of PCIe 2.0.*
- DDIO — Intel® Data Direct I/O Technology intelligently directs I/O packets to the processor more than doubling* I/O performance.
- Enable up to 2x better technical computing performance with Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX).*
|Improve performance |
- Performance is boosted by up to 80 percent over previous generation Intel® Xeon® processor-based servers.*
- New Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0* delivers up to twice the performance upside over previous generation turbo technology* and adapts to spikes in your workloads to provide more computing power when you need it.
|Optimize power use |
- Get up to 70 percent more performance per watt than previous generations with servers based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 product family.*
- Intel® Power Tuning Technology uses onboard sensors to help give greater control over power and thermal levels across the system.
- Intel® Intelligent Power Technology automatically regulates power consumption to combine enhanced energy efficiency with intelligent performance that adapts to your workload.
|Increase security |
- Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) New Instructions (Intel AES-NI) accelerates encryption by a factor of ten,* and encourages pervasive encryption by reducing the associated performance penalties.*
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel TXT) provides enhanced security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks that occur before the virtual machine boots.*
Intel Xeon processor E5 product family
Compare critical operating specs among family members at http://ark.intel.com
|Ultrabook, Celeron, Celeron Inside, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, Xeon Phi, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.|