In today’s enterprise mobile computing environment, you need to balance access with security to keep productivity up and critical resources safe.
Our comprehensive solutions offer a methodical, automated approach to help you securely embrace and capitalize on mobile computing throughout all stages of the lifecycle. We suggest a rolling, 3–5 year plan to increase productivity and cost savings on an incremental basis.
Start with your users. Map user tasks to employee roles, such as sales rep, call center operator or software developer. Then determine the applications and level of access each role requires.
After you create your application stack, you can start securing your data:
- Fence-off your data, not your users. Consider implementing desktop virtualization to separate system images from personal employee data or using secure device containers to isolate and protect company-owned resources.
- Guard against phishing, spam and malware with multilayer web security solutions, including Dell SonicWALL, SecureWorks, Quest and Data Protection | Encryption.
- Update your operating system to take advantage of Windows 7 and 8 security features, such as AppLocker™.
Optimize mobile deployment and management across the client enterprise:
- Take an inventory of all of your hardware, devices, software applications and license agreements with Dell Application Rationalization services to:
- Choose which assets you should keep, discard or add.
- Determine if your client environment meets compliance regulations.
- Review your hardware warrantees. Do you need a refresh cycle?
- Automate/streamline client lifecycle management:
- Centralize image management to accelerate provisioning and increase uptime.
- Secure your mobile networks with Dell SonicWALL, Cloud Client Manager and PowerConnect W.
- Choose a simple console-based solution, such as Dell KACE, that enables you to remotely provision, configure, deploy, update, track and wipe your mobile devices.
Virtualize when and where you can to add efficiency. Desktop virtualization frees your users to work anywhere without sacrificing IT control and data security. Benefits also include:
- Fast deployment and management
- Simplified compliance and policy management
- Automatic information backups
Support your mobile employees wherever they go with 24x7 break/fix services.