Solutions for campus networks
Whether in multiple buildings or multiple locations connected by the wide area network (WAN), today’s campus networks must support converged, open access across a heterogeneous user base. Secure, reliable and LAN-like delivery of an increasing number of cloud-based applications from multiple user devices is a requirement in today’s fast paced business environment.
- Campus networks often span multiple buildings and are becoming more complex as requirements for secure, policy-based, high-speed connectivity increases for on-site and mobile users. These users access a growing number of critical cloud-based applications using many different devices including PCs, smartphones and tablets.
- Campus networks must be ready to support resource-heavy, cloud-based applications and converged services.
- Organizations need seamless wireless access to support an expanding heterogeneous audience of local and mobile users who are bringing new devices with various operating systems onto the network, creating fluid boundaries for the network perimeter.
- Network automation is required in order to adapt and respond quickly to changing requests for bandwidth, access to additional applications and services, security and the increased number of users on their network.
Dell benefits for the campus:
- Automation to support dynamic traffic flows
- Heterogeneous audience support
- Support for resource-heavy, cloud-based applications
Dell’s networking solution for the campus is agile and automated, allowing for dynamic scaling to support ever-changing access demands and delivers management at the edge to simplify resource-intensive tasks such as workload balancing across the network.
With Dell’s open and optimized architecture, campuses can support a diverse audience, cloud-based applications and a seamless wireless solution, and provide an edge with a business-driven network ready for the future. Dell services enable your business to meet the challenges of campus network planning, expansion, deployment and management with the appropriate hardware, software and support.
Our campus solutions include: