Dell Smart Plug-in Version 3.0 for HP Operations Manager Version 9
Date : 11/9/2012
Manage Dell systems in a mixed hardware and software environment. The latest version of Dell Smart Plug-in (SPI) for HP Operations Manager v.9 now adds support for agent-free, out-of-band monitoring for the 12th generation of Dell PowerEdge servers. This smart plug-in still supports traditional agent-based monitoring through the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator (PowerEdge generations 9–12) and includes the following features:
- Monitoring of Dell PowerEdge and PowerVault servers in environments managed by HP Operations Manager (HPOM).
- Automatic alert correlation for quicker fault detection and resolution.
- Complete logical view to help administrators better manage their Dell environments (Dell blades/chassis).
- Periodic and instantaneous health monitoring of Dell servers.
Additional new features
- Support for both Windows and Linux.
- Views of warranty information on discovered Dell servers.
- Device grouping (PowerEdge servers/CMC/DRAC/modular servers/EqualLogic/PowerVault) in-band monitoring of PowerEdge servers, EqualLogic and PowerVault MD arrays (out-of-band in PowerEdge 12G only).
- Consoles: Launching from HPOM: Dell Remote Access Controller (DRAC) OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA), DRAC/MC, CMC, EqualLogic (EQL) Group Manager, MD Storage Manager, OpenManage Essentials (OME), OpenManage Power Center (OMPC).
- Warranty Report tool for the selected Dell system/device.
- Dell Connections License Manager: a one-to-many license deployment and reporting tool for OpenManage embedded server management iDRAC7 with Lifecycle Controller licenses. (Dell License Manager can deploy and back up iDRAC7 licenses on PowerEdge 12th generation servers; it can also inventory and report on licensing status and currently enabled iDRAC feature levels.)
- Delivers simple installation and configuration to maximize use of IT resources.
- Facilitates easier integration and management of Dell servers and storage in environments using an HP management solution.
- Protects existing solution investments and provides lower total cost of ownership for Dell servers and storage in environments managed by HP Operations Manager.