Fast Track Data Warehouse 2.0
A competitive marketplace demands the ability to make immediate, well-informed decisions. Business leaders must have timely and relevant data as the basis for the directions they choose. Dell and Microsoft are collaborating to build information analytics technologies that enable real-time decision making throughout organizations.
Microsoft® SQL Server® Fast Track Data Warehouse from Dell is a methodology and set of reference architectures specifically designed for data warehousing. These reference structures help scale up capacity and performance for symmetric multiprocessing (SMP). An SMP system can dynamically balance the workload so that more users are served faster.
The integrated set of predefined software, server and storage systems provide appliance such as time to value, making it possible to tap into raw data and turn that data into a powerful strategic business advantage.
Powered by Dell™ PowerEdge™ servers, the reference configurations are built on a platform that targets a Microsoft SQL Server Data Warehouse solution. Configured with the servers are Dell/EMC® storage arrays, multiple Fibre Channel controllers and a Fibre Channel switch to load balance the connections to the storage processors.
Recommended Servers for Your Data Warehouse
Dell PowerEdge R900
- Four Intel® Xeon® processors, six core, 2.66GHz
- Twenty-four (24) CPU cores
- Memory capacity of 96GB, 667MHz x 24 x 4GB
- Optimized storage of 12TB (24TB max)
- Tested throughput of 4800MB/sec
- Latest quad- or six-core Intel Xeon processors 5500 and 5600 series
- Eight CPU cores
- Memory capacity of 32GB, 1066MHz, 8 x 4GB, dual-ranked registered memory modules (RDIMMs)
- Optimized storage of 4TB (8TB max)
- Tested throughput of 1500MB/sec
Learn more about Microsoft SQL Server Fast Track Data Warehouse.