Dell and Microsoft — Making Your Enterprise More Efficient
Dell worked closely with Microsoft during the development of Microsoft® Windows Server 2008 and its second release, Windows Server 2008 R2. Through this collaboration, we gained expertise in all aspects of the operating system's features and functionality, including:
- High-availability enhancements
- Next-generation virtualization technology
- Reduced power consumption through Core Parking
- Improved web administration
- Multiple security innovations
You can benefit from these new features, using fine-tuned Dell systems and a portfolio of Dell services to get the most out of Windows Server 2008 R2.
Among the most talked about improvements of the Windows Server 2008 R2 release, is an upgraded version of Microsoft Hyper-V®, the client and server virtualization tool that delivers:
- Increased availability and performance
- Improved management
- Simplified methods for deployment
- Live migration
Through virtualization, your data center can see tremendous improvements that streamline operations and dramatically reduce power consumption.
Dell has created a validated, repeatable process that can add reliability, lower risk and drive quicker engagement for migrating your servers to this OS, providing you with:
- Compatibility with PowerEdge server platforms (all current and most earlier versions)
- Fully engineered virtualization solutions
- Maximum performance and stability
We provide complete driver support for Windows Server 2008 R2 for Dell hardware to help ensure ease of deployment, effective operation and simplified management. What's more, our systems management tools, such as the Dell™ Management Console powered by Altiris® from Symantec™ and the Unified Server Configurator enabled by the Lifecycle Controller, help streamline IT management even more.