Considerations for an efficient storage infrastructure
To begin your storage assessment, you must first examine the utilization, performance and health of your existing environment to identify potential bottlenecks and inefficiencies. Questions to consider include:
- Is your need for storage capacity growing as fast as or faster than your IT budget?
- Do you need a simpler way to classify and organize your data?
- Would you like the value of your data to align with the cost of the storage it lives in?
- Are duplicate and unused data placing undue burden on your storage resources?
- Are there manual or repetitive tasks that can be automated?
- Does provisioning new storage resources take too much time?
- Is your data center backup process at risk?
- Is your company not properly prepared for outages or disaster?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, we can help you bring efficiency back into your data center — saving you money, time and resources.
Need assistance from trained specialists? Dell offers the following storage assessment services: