Navigating the road to accountable care
Reimbursement changes are driving US healthcare organizations to fundamentally change care delivery. That demands fundamental changes in health information technology as well.
Whether your organization is planning to participate in the Federal Accountable Care Organization (ACO) initiative or a private, payer-led initiative, the key to creating an effective ACO is a robust information system. Your system must be capable of combining data from clinical, financial and payer systems to create a patient-centered view of the care continuum.
Health IT needs for effective ACOs include:
- Ability to aggregate clinical and financial data from disparate sources, including providers who are on paper systems
- Business intelligence tools to track costs, utilization patterns and patient behavior
- Inpatient and ambulatory EHRs with open platforms
- Population health management tools such as chronic disease registries
- Tools to facilitate communication between providers and patients
- Tools to improve transfer of patient information between providers
- Patient matching for correct attribution of data
- Tools to track patient consent and other HIPAA compliance
Dell Services Accountable Care Team can help:
- EHR planning and implementation – From a turn-key solution to targeted consulting to help you fully implement your system.
- Accountable care/clinical integration IT roadmap – review IT infrastructure, connectivity, interoperability and ability to aggregate data from sources across the care continuum. Deliver a tactical IT plan and timeline for implementation.
- Data aggregation and analysis solution – Dell can provide an efficient, remote-hosted data aggregation and analysis solution.
- Integration, training, and support for clinical integration – Dell’s experienced program managers and change management consultants can ensure that your program stays on track. Our solution architects will navigate around challenging integration roadblocks to deliver better data and reports to the providers.