In today’s highly competitive environment, businesses have to become more agile and flexible to keep up. New trends, such as mobility and virtualization, place incredible demands on the network. Applications have been migrated from laptops to the cloud and this has also put additional demands on the network. In many cases, these demands were never factored into the network design when it was first architected. The result: added complexity and cost in a network that never fully met the demands of the business and the organization’s bottom line suffers.
The data center — the "center of gravity" for the entire organization — is perhaps the most impacted portion of the network. Whether at the campus or at a remote facility, or whether on a corporate-issued device or a personal smartphone, there is an extreme departure from the way business was done in the past that is demanding a new approach to networking. At Dell, we call this new strategic approach Virtual Network Architecture.
Dell’s Virtual Network Architecture is an open networking framework for efficient IT infrastructure and workload intelligence. Dell has developed this approach with three key tenets in mind:
- Open and flexible architectures — Dell’s open infrastructure allows you to build on what you have and maximize the investments you have already made in your network. An optimized infrastructure and nondisruptive deployments are both key elements.
- Innovation that delivers — To achieve greater control and agility, it is essential to deploy a better, more automated method of management, by moving intelligence near the edge and closer to workloads. With Dell’s optimized network and management at the edge, it is easy to identify underutilized areas anywhere in the network and balance workloads across the network, thereby optimizing performance without overconsuming resources.
- Technology that simply works — Dell’s networking solutions provide blanket coverage from the data center to campus, branch and remote locations. The flexibility and resiliency of our networking solutions to scale up, down and out ensure coverage for complex environments that must support multiple audiences accessing the network from anywhere, anytime and still experience the LAN-like responsiveness they have grown to expect in order to work effectively.
Dell networking solutions can provide for your business at the:
- Reliable anywhere, anytime access
- Secure role-based access
- LAN-like performance regardless of location
- Automation to support dynamic traffic flows
- Heterogeneous audience support
- Support for resource-heavy, cloud-based applications
- A dynamically scaled network to meet virtualization needs for all locations
- Cost-effective performance to meet heavy converged video, voice and data
- Open architecture enabling network agility without disruption due to rip and replace