Dell OpenManage Connection for IBM Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus
Use the Dell OpenManage Connection to monitor Dell PowerEdge servers, PowerVault and EqualLogic storage devices from within the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus console.
The Dell OpenManage Connection for IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus enables you to:
- Monitor and group Dell systems from an existing IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus systems management framework
- Display Dell system health information in real time within the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus console
- Receive an alert and quickly take corrective action if a Dell system becomes compromised
- Capitalize on an existing systems management framework when Dell systems complete your data center
The latest release, version 2.0, of the Dell OpenManage Connection 2.0 for IBM Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus 7.3.1 provides event monitoring capabilities for Dell PowerEdge Servers, 9th to 12th generation (including iDRAC7 for 12th generation, agent-free, out-of-band management), Dell Chassis Management Controller and Dell EqualLogic Storage devices in environments managed by IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus. It also supports one-to-one console launch following Dell Device alerts and Dell Tools launch from the OMNIbus console.
Key new features in this release:
- Support for out-of-band alerts monitoring from Dell 12G servers
- Support for alerts monitoring from Dell Chassis Management Controllers (CMC)
- Enhanced monitoring of new OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) and OpenManage storage Management (OMSS) (OM release 7.0 to 7.1) alerts from Dell PowerEdge servers
- Enhanced monitoring of SCSI and Internet SCSI alerts from Dell EqualLogic systems
- Support for integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) console launch
- Support for Dell Chassis Management Controller (CMC) console launch
- Support for Dell OpenManage Essentials (OME) console launch