The geolocation services utilized by Secure Lifecycle need to be configured on Dell Data Protection | Enterprise Edition or Virtual Edition server version 9.5 to ensure proper functionality.
Dell Data Protection | Enterprise Edition v9.5
Dell Data Protection | Virtual Edition v9.5
Dell Data Protection | Secure Lifecycle v1.0 and later
The steps to configure geolocation services for Secure Lifecycle is dependent on the server platform. Click on the appropriate server product for further directions.
- Open windows explorer and navigate to \Program Files\Dell\Enterprise Edition\Security Server\Conf\ .
- Open the application.properties file with notepad and locate the property named geolocation.url= .
- Update value for this property to: https://geo.ddpe-events.dell.com/geo.
- Save the application.properties file after making this change.
- Restart Dell Data Protection server services.
- Log into the DDP | Virtual Edition Administration Console as DDPSupport.
- Enter command sudo nano /opt/dell/server/security-server/conf/application.properties to edit the application.properties file.
- Scroll through the configuration file or press CTRL + W to search for the property geolocation.url.
- Update the value of this property to https://geo.ddpe-events.dell.com/geo.
- Once the property has been updated, press CTRL + X and then press Y to confirm overwrite.
- Enter sudo reboot to restart the appliance and pickup the new configuration changes.
For any questions/concerns, please call Dell Data Protection ProSupport at: 877.459.7304 Ext. 4310039. For support outside the US, reference ProSupport’s International Contact numbers list. You can also join us on our Dell Security Community Forum.