Table of Contents:
- How to Install an Internal Solutions Port on the B3465dn/dnf Dell Laser Printer
This article provides information on "How to Install an Internal Solutions Port on the B3465dn/dnf Dell Laser Printer"
1. How to Install an Internal Solutions Port on the B3465dn/dnf Dell Laser Printer
The controller board supports one optional Internal Solutions Port (ISP).
Note: This task requires a flathead screwdriver.
Caution: SHOCK HAZARD: If you are accessing the controller board or installing optional hardware or memory devices sometime after setting up the printer, then turn the printer off, and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet before continuing. If you have any other devices attached to the printer, then turn them off as well, and unplug any cables going into the printer.
WARNING: Potential Damage: Controller board electronic components are easily damaged by static electricity. Touch something metal on the printer before touching any controller board electronic components or connectors.
- Open the controller board access door.
- Lightly press the stop on the left side of the controller board access door, and then slide the access door to remove.
- Unpack the ISP kit.
Note: Make sure to remove and discard the small cable attached to the white connector.
- ISP solution.
- Screw to attach the ISP to the bracket.
- ISP exterior cover.
- Screws to attach the ISP metal bracket to the printer cage.
- Plastic bracket.
- Long ISP cable.
- Place the plastic bracket inside the ISP exterior cover until it clicks into place.
- Slide and push the ISP solution into the plastic bracket.
- Secure the ISP solution to the plastic bracket using the long screw.
- Tighten the two screws on the end of the ISP solution.
- Attach the white plug of the ISP solution interface cable into the white receptacle on the ISP.
- Slightly close the ISP exterior cover up to 65 degrees, and then slide the cover to attach.
- Run the ISP cable through the controller board shield.
- Open the controller board shield using the blue handle.
- Attach the blue plug of the ISP solution interface cable into the blue receptacle on the controller board.
- Close the controller board shield.
- Close the ISP exterior cover.
When the printer software and any hardware options are installed, you may need to manually add the options in the printer driver to make them available for print jobs. or more information, see "Updating available options in the printer driver" in the B3465dn User's Guide
or the B3465dnf User's Guide
More info can be found in the B3465dn/dnf User’s Guide.
If these steps do not correct the problem, please contact Dell Technical Support.
Back to Top