How to Install OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) on PowerEdge Servers running VMware ESXi4.1 U3
Article Summary: Information on how to Install OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) on PowerEdge Servers running VMware ESXi4.1 U3
Download VMware vSphere Command Line Interface (vSphere CLI) from http://www.vmware.com and install on your Microsoft Windows system.
- Download latest version of OMSA from support.dell.com.
- Save the offline bundle to C:\tmp on the Windows system vSphere CLI was installed to.
- Install VIB using following command (Figure 1 (English-only)):
vihostupdate.pl --server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --username root --bundle=c:\tmp\OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-18.104.22.16845.VIB-ESX41i.zip --install
Figure 1: Installing the VIB
- Enter root password to begin the installation (Figure 2 (English-only)):
Figure 2: Installing the VIB
- Verify OMSA VIB installed successfully (Figure 3 (English-only)).
Figure 3: Verifying the Installation
- Reboot the Host
문서 ID: SLN155845
최종 수정일: 04/08/2016 02:02 PM