Article Summary: This article addresses the configuration of the Windows Firewall to allow SQL Server Database Engine unrestricted access through the Windows Firewall
Follow the steps in the solution to achieve this goal.
1. Press Windows Logo+R, type firewall.cpl and press Enter to open the Windows Firewall Control Panel tool.
2. Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall on the left.
3. Scroll to the bottom and click Allow another app....
4. Click browse and browse to the location of sqlservr.exe. In this example it is installed in the default path for SQL Server 2012.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
5. Click Network Types..., select the Networks and click OK.
6. Click Add and click OK to complete the process.
Additional information about Windows Firewall and SQL Server can be found on TechNet.
Article ID: SLN290591
Last Date Modified: 08/28/2014 07:27 AM