This article provides the information on "High resolution displays not detected on Dell D3100 USB 3.0 docking station".
High Resolution Displays not Detected.
A Dell Precision Mobile Workstation user reported that when they connected a pair of Samsung UE590 high resolution displays to their Dell D3100 USB 3.0 docking station, the external displays were not detected in Windows 7 Professional x64.
Additionally, a DisplayLink error message appeared when booting the system.
Initial troubleshooting included both attempting to update the DisplayLink Drivers and uninstall the DisplayLink drivers. The DisplayLink drive could not be uninstalled using the Programs and Features uninstall process, indicating a fault with the DisplayLink drivers.
Use the DisplayLink Uninstaller.
Here are the steps to resolve DisplayLink display detection issues:
- Disconnect the Dell D3100 USB connection from the system.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink application using the DisplayLink Install Cleaner downloaded from the DisplayLink website.
- Before rebooting, delete the USB root hub device(s) from Device Manager.
- Restart the system. (The USB root hub(s) will redetect on restart)
- Download and install the Most Current DisplayLink driver from the DisplayLink Website.
- Once the DisplayLink driver install completes, ensure that the external displays are on and awake, then reconnect the USB 3.0 connection. This will automatically enable the System Tray icon for DisplayLink.
- Depending on your system configuration (Graphics Adapter, Operating System and Display connection to the D3100 dock), you may have to configure the external displays in the Graphics Control Panel, Windows Display Properties, Windows Presentation Mode or DisplayLink Manager application.