Deploy an enterprise storage solution built for performance
Master critical applications with the high-performance Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS6100XV iSCSI arrays, ideal for enterprise and corporate distributed sites.
- Exceptional I/O performance: Up to 67% IOPS improvement with EqualLogic PS6100 and PS4100 Series arrays over previous generation arrays.*
- Optimized scalability: Take advantage of highly virtualized peer storage for linear performance and capacity scalability.
- Management flexibility: Manage both file and block storage protocols through one console with EqualLogic Group Manager.
Fulfill your high-performance mission-critical needs with the PS6100XV iSCSI array, a Dell Storage solution with a virtualized scale-out architecture that delivers enhanced storage performance and reliability that is easy to manage.
- Help eliminate downtime and performance penalties with smooth, incremental SAN expansion.
- Grow your virtual storage alongside your virtual server growth.
- Change hardware without disruption.
- Add or remove arrays at will, according to policy, age, application or business needs
- Easily mix new disk or network technologies in the SAN.
- Move volumes (databases/VMs) online between any pool or disk resources.
- Avoid forklift upgrades or data-in-place migrations that cost time and money.
- Automatically balance loads across disks and multiple arrays in a pool.
- Help eliminate manual redistributing of capacity or application workloads (downtime and services costs).
Choose your array
Build more powerful storage for critical applications using PS6100XV arrays. With 24 high-performance 2.5” SAS HDDs and up to 7.2 terabytes of capacity in a 2U chassis, the PS6100XV GbE iSCSI array is an ideal solution for enterprise, government and education sites.The PS6100 Series family features:
- Dual controller for built-in redundancy
- Four GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K SAS, or 15K SAS (or SAS SED) drives or solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Cache-to-flash memory destaging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
- Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
- Enhanced security with self-encrypting drives (SED)
- Storage Controllers
Dual controllers with 4GB non-volatile memory per controller
Hard Disk Drives
Twenty-four (24) 15K NL-SAS hot-pluggable hard disk drives.
2.5" 15,000 RPM SAS drives available in 146 GB*
2.5" 15,000 RPM SAS (or SAS SED) drives available in 300 GB*
3.5 TB* using twenty-four (24) 146 GB* 15,000 SAS disk drives
7.2 TB* using twenty-four (24) 300 GB* 15,000 SAS (or SAS SED) disk drives
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50*
GbE Network Interfaces
Management network: One 100BASE-TX dedicated management port per controller
Interface ports: Four 1000BASE-T ports per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group.
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers with vertical port sharing
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drive
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase 700 W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 624W; +5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700W
- Height: 2U / 87 mm (3.42 inches)
Width: 446 mm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 561 mm (22.09 inches)
Weight: 24.2 kg (53.4 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 mm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 mm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 mm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 29.48 kg (65.00 lbs)
ReadyRails™ II static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded-hole racksed-hole racks
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
|EqualLogic Array Software|
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of software features that help you manage, protect and optimize your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management across both PS Series SAN arrays and FS Series NAS appliances. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family. Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
Also included in the firmware is the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility that provides a non-network replication capability to minimize the time required to transfer large amounts of data between replication partners.
EqualLogic’s latest firmware (release 7.0) includes enhanced functions for PS Series arrays such as:
|EqualLogic Host Integration Tools|
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
|EqualLogic SAN Headquarters|
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.
With Dell SupportAssist functionality, SAN HQ 3.0 can automatically create support cases based on system faults, and it allows you to view your open Dell Support cases for EqualLogic arrays monitored by SupportAssist.
|Learn more about EqualLogic software|
Find out how Dell EqualLogic software can help you design, manage and optimize your storage solution.
With faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell™ ProSupport™* portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 7x24 direct break-fix hardware and software support for your employees
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell ProSupport for IT
Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, database administrators, and internal service desks or helpdesks. Includes:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
- Collaborative hardware and software support
|Speed of response||Protection||Premium proactive|
|Mission Critical* — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. This package includes priority 4-hour on-site service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process and emergency dispatch.||Data management and protection — Helps ensure data security||Enterprise-wide contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Customization and setup services
Dell server and storage deployment services
Dell provides a comprehensive set of remote and on-site installation services for PowerEdge™ servers as well as PowerVault™, Dell | EMC™ and EqualLogic™ storage products to help reduce the time required to get your system up and running. These installation services help:
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.
Dell Education Services
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell's EqualLogic Storage array and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the PS Series Storage Array and how to apply best practices when integrating a PS Series Storage Solution into a vSphere Data Center.