- Up to four 2-socket servers, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 cores per processor
Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v2 product family with up to 30MB L3 cache
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 SP1 (includes Hyper-V)
Microsoft Windows® HPC Server 2008 R2 x64 SP1
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
- Intel C602 chipset
- 16 DIMM slots for up to 512GB per node:
4GB/8GB/16GB (1.5V) DDR3 RDIMM (1866MT/s)
32GB LV DDR3 RDIMM (1333MT/s)
4GB/8GB/16GB LV (1.35V) DDR3 RDIMM (1600MT/s)
4GB LV DDR3 UDIMM (1600MT/s)
32GB LV DDR3 LRDIMM (1600MT/s)
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- Citrix® XenServer®
VMware® vSpherer® ESXi™
- Maximum internal storage: 48TB SATA or NL 48TB SAS
- 24 x 2.5” or 12 x 3.5” hard drive options
2.5” SAS (15K): 146GB, 300GB
2.5” SAS (10K): 600GB, 900GB, 1.2TB
2.5” SATA: 500GB, 1TB
2.5” NL SAS (7.2K): 1TB
2.5” SATA SSD (eMLC): 100GB, 200GB, 400GB, 800GB
2.5” SATA SSD (MLC): 120GB, 160GB, 240GB, 300GB, 480GB, 800GB
3.5” SATA (7.2K): 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB
3.5” SAS (15K): 600GB
3.5” NL SAS (7.2K): 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB
- 1U-node version: 1 x8 mezzanine, 1 x 16 half-height (low profile), half-length slot
2U-node version: 1 x8 mezzanine ; 1 x16 full-height, half-length slot; 1 x16 full-height, full-length slot
- Intel C602: SATA or SSD drives only
LSI ® 2008 6Gbs SAS mezzanine (optional)
LSI 9265-8i 6Gbs SAS add-in controller (optional)
- Dual hot-plug redundant high-efficiency 1200W or 1400W power supplies
- Integrated AST2300 with up to 16MB video RAM
- 2U rack mount
Static rails support tool-less installation in 19” EIA-310-E compliant square or unthreaded round hole 4-post racks, including Dell PowerEdge 2420, 4220 and 4820 racks
- Embedded BMC with IPMI 2.0 support with 1 x 10/100 Mbps RJ45 connector
Intel Node Manager 2.0 compliant
VMware® vSpherer® ESXi™
- Intel Ethernet Controller i350 - 2 x 1Gb Ethernet
1 x 100Mb Ethernet dedicated management port
- Height: 8.68 cm (3.42 in.)
Width: 44.8 cm (17.6 in.)
Depth: 79.0 cm (31.1 in.)
Weight (maximum configuration): 37 kg (81.6 lb.)
Weight (empty): 17.14 kg (37.8 lb.)
- Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
The Dell PowerEdge C6220 II is qualified in the Dell PowerEdge C6000 chassis for ENERGY STAR® Enterprise Server designation
ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered U.S. marks, Click here (In English).
Built for performance
Next-generation processingBuild your clouds and clusters with PowerEdge C6220 II servers that harness the capabilities of Intel® Xeon® E5-2600v2 processing performance inside Dell’s award-winning shared infrastructure servers.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600v2 product family, each with up to twelve cores and four memory channels, offering up to 40% greater performance over previous generation processors
- Dual Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, Advanced Vector Extensions and Ivy Bridge micro-architecture
- Intel® Integrated I/O, which can reduce I/O latency by up to 30%
- Intel® Power Tuning Technology that uses onboard sensors to help give greater control over power and thermal levels across the system
Each node also supports:
- Up to 16 DIMMs of DDR3 1866MT/s memory
- One x8 PCIe 3.0 mezzanine card and up to two x16 PCIe 3.0 cards
Multiple servers in one chassisHelp save on energy, space and racks with up to four independent, hot-swappable server nodes in one chassis.
- Make better use of limited space in your data center by increasing the number of servers per square foot.
- Configure servers to better fit application and workload needs for increased performance without adding a mass of extra hardware.
- Easily reuse servers when workloads change by adding or changing individual hot-swap server nodes, each mounted on an easily inserted sled, instead of having to replace the entire server chassis.
Flexible server useMix and match workloads on different server nodes within the same chassis to help maximize computing power, bandwidth and the C6220 II’s shared HDD resources.
- Allocate HDDs dynamically among nodes to create multiple server configurations in the same chassis.
- The 2.5” expander backplane option enables custom allocation of hard drives among the C6220 II nodes, providing greater in-chassis flexibility.
- Set up 4-node configurations (1U sleds) for your front end, application and memcache servers or 2-node configurations (2U sleds) with maximum disk capacity for your database servers.
Expand your I/O bandwidth and enhance the capabilities of any PowerEdge C6220 II configuration with PCIe 3.0-capable slots.
- 1U sled features one x8 mezzanine and one x16 slot for low-profile, half-length cards.
- 2U sled features one x8 mezzanine and two x16 slots for full-height cards, enabling increased bandwidth to the PowerEdge C410x PCIe Expansion Chassis and other peripheral devices.
Designed for efficiency
Shared infrastructureHelp maximize performance and operating efficiency with the established shared-infrastructure design of the PowerEdge C6220 II.
- Dual 94% Platinum certified 1200W/1400W power supplies.
- Merged power distribution boards with fewer connecting cables help minimize power loss between the power supplies and the motherboards.
- Highly efficient fans and fan-control algorithm are tuned exactly to the impedance and characteristics of the chassis itself.
Dynamic HDD allocationDistribute capacity among the server nodes to better allocate the resources you need for your specific requirements.
- Up to 12 x 3.5" or 24 x 2.5" hot-swappable SAS, SATA or SSD drives.
- 48TB* SATA and 48TB SAS maximum storage per chassis.
- Expander backplane option with the 24 x 2.5" HDD-equipped PowerEdge C6220 II enables a custom allocation of HDDs among the two 2U or four 1U nodes. Each server node can be configured independently of the other nodes in the same chassis to perform specific tasks.
Hyperscale environmentsPut the C6220 II’s hyperscale-inspired design to work for you in high-workload-intensive environments.
- HPC — Research institutions, oil and gas, life sciences, healthcare and other large institutions that require high-performance, low-latency, massively parallel computing for dense and GPU compute clusters
- Big data — Retail, financial services, telcos, government and other organizations performing large-scale analysis, including detailed special purpose computations, across large collections of structured and unstructured data
- Cloud — Internet service and cloud providers that need to increase revenue and performance per square foot while reducing capital and operational expenditures for large-scale hosting
- Web 2.0 — High-density hyperscale hosting that requires enhanced scalability and rapid configuration flexibility to match infrastructure to workloads
PowerEdge C6220 II does more with less.
Get the right fit for different workloads with the same server hardware, or run different workloads within the same chassis.