Up to twenty four (24) 6 cm (2.5") hot-pluggable SAS Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) at 7200, 10K, 15K rpm and SAS Solid State Drives (SSDs).
6 cm (2.5") SAS HDDs
15,000 RPM 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 73GB and 146GB
10,000 RPM 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 146GB, 300GB and 600GB
7,200 RPM (Nearline) 6Gb/s SAS drives available in 500GB
6 cm (2.5") SAS SSDs*
3Gb/s SSDs available in 150GB
Maximum Capacity (per enclosure)
14.4TB using twenty four (24) 600GB 10K RPM 6Gb/s SAS HDDs
PERC H800 enables expansion to 8 enclosures, 4 per port
More Details on PERC
- Support for the following configurations:
Unified mode (single path) for daisy chaining of up to 8 enclosures per PERC H810 (4 enclosures per port, single path)
Unified mode (redundant path) for daisy chaining up to 4 enclosures per PERC H810 (4 enclosures connected to both ports via redundant path cabling)
Split mode with dual Enclosure Management Modules providing direct connectivity to drives 0 through 11 and a separate connectivity to drives 12 through 23.
- Refer to the PERC RAID Card details for supported Operating Systems
9 cm (3.41")
45 cm (17.57")
55 cm (21.6")
23.31 kg (51 lb) (maximum configuration)
8.61 kg (19 lb) (empty)
- Two fully redundant power supplies; supports DC power
Wattage: AC - 600 W; DC - 700 W
Heat dissipation: AC - 2047 BTU/hr; DC - 2388 BTU/hr
Voltage: 100-240VAC; 48V DC
Amperage: 8.6 A at 100 V, 4.3 A at 240 V
Available Hard Drive Power (per slot)
Supported drive power consumption (continuous):
up to 1.2 A at +5V
up to 0.5 A +12V
- Enclosure Management Modules (EMM)
2 EMM modules provide redundant enclosure management capability
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F) with maximum temp gradation of 10°C per hour
Storage: -40° to 65°C (-40° to 149°F) with temp gradation of 20°C per hour
Supports Fresh Air cooling, up to 35 degrees Celsius
Operating: 8% to 85% (non-condensing) with maximum humidity gradation of 10% per hour
Storage: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Operating: -16 to 3048 m (-50 to 10,000 ft)
Storage: -16 to 10,600 m (-50 to 35,000 ft)
PowerVault MD1220 is a direct-attached, energy-efficient storage expansion enclosure that provides the performance to satisfy demanding applications.
Expansion for Performance-Intensive, Single-Server Applications
Satisfying Even the Most Performance-Hungry ApplicationsThe PowerVault MD1220 direct-attached storage array offers compelling performance.
- 6Gb/s SAS: With improved throughput from the last-generation, the PowerVault MD1220 can satisfy even the most performance-intensive applications, such as Web hosting, database and e-mail.
- Solid State Drives: Pair the increased IOPs and throughput of 6Gb/s SAS with support for solid state drives (SSD), an ideal solution for applications that rely on random block access.
- Automatic I/O Load Balancing: Further optimizing the performance of the PowerVault MD1220, the PERC H810 Host-RAID adapter has automatic I/O balancing between the server and storage array. The PERC H810 can detect when a single path starts to get saturated and then balance the I/O traffic across both paths.
- The PowerVault MD1220 can deliver the speed, performance and reliability to satisfy performance intensive single server applications that store active and frequently changing information.
Your Energy-Conscious Storage
Leveraging the PERC H810 RAID ControllerThe PowerVault™ MD1220 leverages the latest PCI Express 2.0 interface, offering excellent performance for enterprise.
The configuration of the PERC H810 Host-RAID adapter helps to increase reliability and fault tolerance by enabling the software to recognize the entire array as a single unit, regardless of how many disks are activated for storage in the array. With the PERC H810, customers can choose the RAID option that supports their application. The PERC H810 supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60.
Dell™ PowerVault MD1220 storage array is engineered to work optimally with Dell PowerEdge™ servers. Dell OpenManage™ Storage Manager Software can manage both the external array and internal storage within the server itself. See PERC H810 server compatibility matrix for a list of currently supported servers.
Streamlining storage management through a single, common interface helps reduce resource load on the system, and is easier to navigate for the user as well. The PowerVault MD1220 utilizes the same 2.5-inch drives as PowerEdge servers, and the same power supplies and fans as the PowerVault MD1200, helping to reduce the number of spares required.