Concentrate your computing and capacity.
Maximize data center efficiency with an ultra-dense virtualization or database engine that supports up to 24 flash SSDs in a 1U chassis.
- Subtotal $3167.00
Tax & Shipping NOT included3167 Select
PowerEdge R630 Rack Server
- Subtotal $3167.00
Tax & Shipping NOT includedPowerEdge R630 Rack Server
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 v3 1.9GHz,15M Cache,6.40GT/s QPI,No Turbo,No HT,6C/6T (85W) Max Mem 1600MHz
- No Operating System
- 4GB RDIMM, 2400MT/s, Single Rank, x8 Data Width
- No RAID with Embedded SATA (1-8 SATA HDDs or SATA SSDs)
- 250GB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gbps 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive
- 3 Year Basic Hardware Warranty Repair, 5X10 HW-Only, 5X10 NBD On-site
Power your workloads with uncompromising densityWith 2U performance packed into a compact 1U chassis, the PowerEdge R630 two-socket rack server delivers uncompromising density and productivity. Part of the 13th generation of PowerEdge servers, the R630 is ideal for virtualization, driving large business applications or running transactional databases.
The processor and memory density as well as storage flexibility of up to 24 x 1.8" flash SSDs or 10 x 2.5" HDDs (with an option to replace four HDDs with four PCIe SSDs) provides an ideal solution for large-scale transactional and analytical processing solutions, such as Oracle and SQL.
- Accelerate in-memory online analytical processing (OLAP) with up to 24 DIMMs of DDR4 RAM, providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth.
- Increase the number of transactions per second for online transaction processing (OLTP) databases with 12Gb PowerEdge RAID controllers (PERC9) that feature double the throughput performance and cache of previous-generation controllers.
- Efficiently drive workloads with high concurrent usage and frequent random access to all tables, payloads and log files using the R630 with an all-flash SSD configuration.
- Dramatically reduce storage latency with Express Flash PCIe SSDs and support for optional Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache application acceleration technology.
Power communication and collaborationThe R630 features the flexible storage capacity and high-density processing that is crucial to superior IO performance in Exchange and SharePoint applications.
- Speed your workload deployment with Dell's expanding out-of-box template library for Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, UC&C and SQL configurations.
- Improve virtual machine (VM) performance, including better response times for more concurrent users, with fast DDR4 memory and the increased processing cycles and threads of the Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family.
Ensure continuous accessThe R630 can be easily configured as a reliable, general-purpose server for business-critical applications, with automated management and high-availability features, such as:
- Redundant power supply units (PSUs)
- Hot-plug and swappable PSUs, HDDs and fans
- Dual SD card option for failsafe hypervisors
Simplify and automate your IT management tasksManage your data center servers the way you want: individually, collectively, in-person, remotely, or with your smartphone — it’s your choice. Consistent administration and 3rd-party integration ensures seamless management of PowerEdge servers.
Simplify administration of PowerEdge servers with the embedded intelligence of the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and with the robust, timesaving management features of the entire Dell OpenManage portfolio.
Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller offers real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It also monitors server health, multiple internal parameters and system performance without requiring agents to be installed in the server operating system — agents which could require additional upkeep and consume valuable CPU time.
Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new Dell PowerEdge system added to the data center. It includes managed and persistent onboard storage that, when combined with its systems management capabilities, eliminates the need for traditional media-based system management tools and utilities.
Zero-touch automated deployment discovers and auto-configures Dell servers by using configuration files stored in designated locations on an internal network, which can reduce setup time and manual entry errors. Administrators can simply rack, cable and walk away.
Automated server updates synchronize servers to firmware baselines stored at designated locations on an internal network to simplify firmware updates.
The Tech Support Report, automatically maintained by iDRAC, is a continuously updated health and status report that monitors over 5,000 key system parameters and can help cut time needed to identify and resolve server issues.
Monitor and manage from anywhereAdminister systems from your smartphone, laptop or at the system with both local and remote management options.
- Use your smartphone with the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems, or connect to a server via Near Field Communications (NFC) to access a status report and logs using the iDRAC Quick Sync feature.
- Use a USB memory stick to upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptop via USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust "at the system" management.
Accelerate IT service deploymentStreamline infrastructure provisioning, speed up workload deployment and simplify IT service delivery through the unified console and highly intuitive user interface of Active System Manager. Enhanced for the latest generation of PowerEdge servers, it features:
- Template-based server and IO configurations, identity management and service migration capabilities
- Fast workload deployment with an expanding out-of-box template library
- Cloud enablement with support for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS), including Red Hat and VMware solutions
Stocking the future-ready data centerWith high-performance processing, large memory capacity and innovative local storage options offering greater scalability throughout the portfolio, the latest generation of PowerEdge servers meets your needs today, with the hardware, headroom and simplified management to adapt as your workloads demand.
Dell ProSupportChoose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5 2600 v4 product family
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
- Intel C610 series chipset
- Up to 1.5TB (24 DIMM slots): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB DDR4 up to 2400MT/s
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012, with Hyper-V®
VMware® vSphere® ESXi™
- HDD: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS SSD: SAS, SATA, NVMe PCIe
24 x 1.8” SSD – up to 23TB via 0.96TB hot-plug SATA SSD
10 x 2.5” – up to 18TB via 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD
8 x 2.5” – up to 14TB via 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD
- Internal hard drive bay and hot-plug backplane:
Up to 24 x 1.8” SATA SSD
Up to 10 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS SSD: SAS, SATA, Up to 4 NVMe PCIe
Up to 8 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, nearline SAS SSD: SAS, SATA
- 2 CPUs, 3 slots
Slot 1: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 2: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 connector)
Slot 3: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector)
2CPUs, 2 slots
Slot 1: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 2: 3/4 length, full height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector)
1CPU, 2 slots
Slot 1: Half length, half height - PCIe 3.0 x8 (x16 connector)
Slot 2: 3/4 length, full height - PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 connector
Dedicated RAID card slot
PERC S130 (SW RAID),
External HBAs (non-RAID):
12Gbps SAS HBA
- 4 x 1Gb, 2 x 1Gb + 2 x 10Gb, 4 x 10Gb
- Broadcom® 5719 quad-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 5720 dual-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb DA/SFP+ CNA
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb Base-T network adapter
Intel® Ethernet I350 dual-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet I350 quad-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet X540 dual-port 10GBASE-T server adapter
Mellanox® ConnectX®-3 dual-port 10Gb Direct Attach/SFP+ server network adapter
Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 40Gb Direct Attach/QSFP server network adapter
Emulex® LPE 12000, single-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPE 12002, dual-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16000B, single-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16002B, dual-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA
QLogic® 2560, single-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
QLogic 2562, dual-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
Qlogic 2660, single-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
Qlogic 2662, dual-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
- 1100W AC, 86 mm (Platinum)
1100W DC, 86 mm
750W AC, 86 mm (Platinum)
750W AC, 86 mm (Titanium)
495W AC, 86 mm (Platinum)
- ECC memory
Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant cooling
Hot-plug redundant power
Internal Dual SD Module
Single Device Data Correction (SDDC)
Support for high availability clustering and virtualization
Proactive systems management alerts
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
- The 24 x 1.8” drive and 10 x 2.5” drive configurations have the following dimensions:
Form Factor: 1U
H: 4.28 cm (1.68 in.) x W: 48.23 cm (18.98 in.) x D: 75.51 cm (29.72 in.)
The 8 x 2.5” drive configuration has the following dimensions:
Form Factor: 1U
H: 4.28 cm (1.68 in.) W: 48.23 cm (18.98 in.) D: 70.05 cm (27.57 in.)
- Systems management:
IPMI 2.0 compliant;
Dell OpenManage Essentials; Dell OpenManage Mobile;
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter
Dell OpenManage Connections:
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage for Oracle Database Manager
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller,
iDRAC8 Express (default)
iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade)
8GB vFlash media (upgrade)16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
iDRAC Quick Sync
Dell Global ServicesDell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell Support Services
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services aims to complement your relationship with Dell as a trusted partner by offering Education Services for our own products, for industry leading infrastructure solutions and for the ongoing development of your organization. It is a global organization with local representation, classrooms and web-based training available worldwide
Contact your Dell representative today for more information.
Dell SolutionsTransform your data center. We can help.
When you buy a Dell server, you get more than just hardware. You get access to IT solutions end to end. From the onboard iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller in each server — to a huge array of complementary technologies, software, and services — we help you develop data center solutions that advance the goals of your business or organization, for now, and for the future.
Among an array of innovative technologies, you’ll find state-of-the-art solutions for systems management, storage, networking and so much more.
State-of-the-art systems management
You can improve the performance, productivity and availability of your data center resources with our cutting edge portfolio of systems management solutions. Get anytime anywhere mobile access to your hardware, agent-free embedded management, extensive automation, and connections to third-party management solutions you may already use.
Innovative storage solutions
Improve security and performance while you store more data on less hardware across your data center. Our storage server portfolio brings you technologies like our industry-leading deduplication and compression algorithms, our patented high-performance Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS), and advanced, intelligent autotiering.
You can optimize and modernize your network infrastructure, and evolve beyond proprietary architectures with our open, standards-based networking solutions, and ready paths to software defined networking (SDN). We’ve been delivering high-performance, reliable networking solutions for over a decade, and today we power some of the world’s most demanding enterprise and Cloud/Web 2.0 environments.
And so much more
Servers, storage and networking solutions are just the tip of the iceberg of technologies we can help you develop, manage and optimize. When you visit our solutions pages, you’ll find insights and resources for the following technologies, and many more: