Redefine office IT.
PowerEdge VRTX integrates servers, storage, networking and management in a compact shared infrastructure optimized for office environments.
- Subtotal $0.00
- Up to 12 x 3.5in NLSAS, SAS, or SAS SSD hot-plug drives or
Up to 25 x 2.5in NLSAS, SAS, or SAS SSD hot-plug drives
Integrated Ethernet Switch
10GbE and 1GbE internal switch module (standard) with 16 internal 1GbE ports and 8 external ports Ethernet pass-through module with 8 external ports (optional)
- Single shared PERC8 with optional second redundant shared PERC8 available
I/O Expansion Slots
- 8 flexible PCIe slots:
- 3 full-height/full-length slots (150W) with double-wide card support (225W)
- 5 low-profile/half-length slots (25W)
- Redundant power supply units:
100V-240V auto-sensing redundant power supplies support 2+2 (AC redundancy), and 3+1 and 2+1 (power supply redundancy) modes
VRTX comes standard with six hot-pluggable, redundant fan modules and four blower modules:
Based on Dell Energy Smart Technologies, VRTX fans and blowers are a breakthrough in power and cooling efficiency. Fans and blowers deliver low-power consumption and use next-generation fan technologies to ensure the lowest possible amount of fresh air is consumed to cool the enclosure.
Supported operating systems:
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 SP2, x64, x86,
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, SP1
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
VMware® vSphere ESXi
Microsoft Exchange Support: 2007 SP1 Rollup 5 or later, 2010, Support for Database Availability Groups, Single Copy Clusters, Cluster Continuous Replication
SQL Server Support: MS SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005
SharePoint Server Support: 2010, 2007
- Form factors:
Tower or 5U rack enclosure
48.4cm (19.1in) H with system feet x 31.0cm (12.2in) W with system feet opened x 73.0cm (28.7in) D
Weight (empty) = 31.7kg (69.7lb)
Weight (maximum) = 74.8kg (164.9lb)
21.9cm (8.6in) H x 48.2cm (19.0in) W x 73.0cm (28.7in) D
Weight (empty) = 24.7kg (54.5lb)
Weight (maximum) = 68.7kg (151.5lb)
Server node optionsPowerEdge M630 and M830 server nodes
- ReadyRails™ II sliding rails for 4-post racks with square, round, or threaded holes
Dell Training ServicesDell Education Services offers VRTX training courses designed to help you achieve more with your VRTX solution. The team works closely with the production team who created VRTX, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your VRTX platform. Click here for more information
For more informationFor more information about VRTX, see the PowerEdge VRTX Technical Guide on Dell.com.
New, enhanced capabilities for PowerEdge VRTXAs the first integrated IT solution designed specifically for remote-office and small-office environments, the award-winning* PowerEdge VRTX integrates servers, storage, networking and management together in a single, compact chassis with office-optimized dimensions, acoustics and security.
- Additional server node choices: Drive Tier 1, back-end workloads with 4-socket, full height M830 server nodes featuring huge memory capacity, wide network bandwidth and low-latency Express Flash storage.
- Next-level data protection inside the chassis: Optional redundant PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC) provides high-availability RAID controller failover inside the chassis.
- Enhanced system management: Continued feature set parity between the Chassis Management Controller (CMC) in the data center and the CMC on VRTX ensures system management consistency and simplicity.
- Expanded resources for VDI: Support for optional general-purpose computing on graphics processor units (GPGPU) enables virtual desktop infrastructure in remote office/branch office environments.
- Huge internal capacities that support extensive growth
- Office-level acoustics, quieter than a hallway conversation so it can operate non-disruptively, even in quiet office environments
- Fresh Air validated configurations that allow you to avoid the need for special cooling or worry when you turn off the AC during non-business hours
- Standard power requirements found in most offices(110V-220V), which allows users to avoid the cost of rewiring for high-line power (typically required for servers and storage)
- Front-access KVM, USB, LCD display and optional DVD-RW
Lower total cost of ownership (TCO)PowerEdge VRTX delivers 26 percent lower TCO over five years compared to using a local configuration of tower servers and external storage, saving you over $21,300 with a payback period of just 33 months.* In addition, if you are instead storing data and running applications in the cloud, VRTX can bring you a 63.9 percent lower TCO over five years, with a payback period of just 13 months and total savings of $172,000.*
No compromise on performanceEmploying the latest PowerEdge technology and high-availability features, VRTX can help you gain fast application response times, run multiple applications that need performance or low latency, power through peak processing periods and scale for future business growth.
Performance and availability features include:
- Up to four hot-plug PowerEdge server nodes with flexible configurations that can mix and match 4-socket M830 and 2-socket M630 blade options to meet your specific needs
- Support for future-generation PowerEdge M-Series blades
- Dual SD cards for redundant hypervisors
- Hot-plug and swappable HDDs
- Many RAID options tailored to specific needs, including optional PERC for RAID controller failover inside the chassis
- Optional hot-plug and swappable power supply units and fans
Versatile shared storageAll server nodes have access to the low-latency internal shared storage, which is essential for clustering and virtualization, including vMotion. This also helps enable efficient processing through peak periods and can improve server-use flexibility.
- Each server node to see the storage as its own singular storage pool
- Assigning virtual disks to single server nodes or across server nodes
- Live migration of virtual machines within the VRTX chassis without the expense of cabling, powering and managing a SAN
- Choice of up to 12 x 3.5" HDDs (48TB* max.) to scale for capacity or up to 25 x 2.5" HDDs (30TB max.) to scale for performance
Integrated networking and flexible I/OThe integrated network switch eliminates the need to acquire, cable, power and manage an external networking switch. Users requiring higher networking performance can choose from multiple networking options for PowerEdge VRTX, including:
- 10GbE and 1GbE internal switch module
- Optional Pass-Thru Modules
- Optional dual port or quad port 10GbE NIC on server nodes
- Three full-height/full-length slots that support graphics processing units (GPUs)
- Five small form factor (SFF) low-profile/half-length slots
Simple, efficient and versatile systems managementFull-functioned unified system management takes much of the time and effort out of systems administration and control. Deploy, monitor, update and maintain through a unified browser-based console that covers servers, storage and networking. Dell OpenManage Essentials together with Chassis Management Controller (CMC) and Geographic View for VRTX enables you to keep an eye on everything in your VRTX platforms, anywhere on your network, allowing:
- Consistency with CMC in the data center
- Deploying new systems locally or across a network
- Support for more than 1,000 devices with the ability to launch an application that takes you into the CMC
- Rapid, at-a-glance, map-based identification of remote system location and health status via color-coded icons
- Installing updates to firmware, BIOS settings and drivers
- Performing systems maintenance tasks and problem remediation
- Updating up to 36 servers in nine VRTX platforms simultaneously with only a single system reboot
- Avoid the time and cost of training on new management solutions
- Deepen and extend management capabilities beyond the chassis to, for example, hypervisor management
- Install VRTX into infrastructures already managed by Dell OpenManage or third-party management solutions, such as Microsoft® System Center and VMware vCenter™
Global Services and Support
Improve operational efficiency with enhanced systems managementStreamline operations and help boost productivity to get the most out of every dollar spent. Manage your Dell PowerEdge products in a variety of IT environments by automating the most essential server lifecycle management tasks: deploy, update, monitor and maintain.
Global Services and SupportChoose Dell’s premium support service*, ProSupport5, for 24/7 direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
Get the most out of your PowerEdge VRTX system with the right services. Dell Support and Deployment Services help you configure your system easily and keep it running smoothly, so you can focus on running your business. We’ll help you maintain peak performance and availability of your most essential PowerEdge VRTX workloads with:
Our premium support service offers highly-trained experts around the clock and around the globe to address your unique IT needs. We’ll help you minimize disruptions and maximize availability of your PowerEdge VRTX workloads with:
• 24x7x365 access to certified hardware experts
• Collaborative support assistance with over 195 third-party vendors
• Hypervisor and operating system support
• On-site parts and labor response options, including next business day or four-hour mission critical
When you purchase your PowerEdge VRTX solution, we recommend ProSupport Plus, our proactive and preventative support for your business-critical systems. Dell ProSupport Plus is everything our customers love about ProSupport, and more. We provide you access to a dedicated Technical Account Manager and our elite ProSupport Plus engineers for quick and efficient resolutions, and with our SupportAssist technology collecting and sending information back to Dell, we can get ahead of problems in your environment before they become serious issues.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Remote Consulting Services
When you’re in the final stages of the PowerEdge VRTX implementation, rely on Dell Remote Consulting and our certified technical experts to help you optimize your configuration. We help you implement best practices for your software, virtualization, server, storage, networking and systems management.
Data Migration Service
Protect your business and data with our single point of contact to manage your data migration project. Your project manager will work with our experienced team of experts to create your plan using industry-leading tools and proven processes based on global best practices to migrate your existing files and data, so your business gets up and running quickly and smoothly.
Talk to a Dell expert to configure the VRTX that’s right for your business.
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.