Redefining high-density storage.
Store more data in a smaller footprint with the densest storage enclosure from any major storage vendor in its class.
Call for Pricing
- Height: 22.230 cm (8.8 inches)
Width: 48.260 cm (19 inches)
Depth: 91.44 cm (36 inches)
Weight: 130.7 kg (287.5 lbs) when full
Wattage: 2184 power supply rating
Heat Dissipation: 7,455 BTU/hr (at 2184W) 6,144 BTU/hr (at max power of 1800W)
Voltage: 208-240 VAC
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Amperage: 7.4A at 241V
Operating Temperature: 5˚ to 35˚C (41˚ to 95˚F)
Non-operating Temperature: -40˚ to 70˚C (-40˚ to 158˚F)
- Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
The Dell SC8000 Storage Center Controller, SC200/SC220 Expansion Enclosures, and SC280 Dense Enclosure have earned the ENERGY STAR Data Center Storage designation. Click here to learn more about the ENERGY STAR Storage 1.0 designation.
Maximize your rack densityHigh-density storage takes on a whole new meaning with the Dell Compellent SC280 dense enclosure. With the best rack unit density of any major storage solution, the SC280 is up to 2.8 times denser compared to traditional 2U 3.5" disk-drive enclosure solutions. You can easily add capacity for your SAN and NAS environments.
- Up to 336TB* of storage in a 5U chassis
- Up to 2PB* (usable) storage per 48U rack with two Dell Compellent Storage Center systems
- Available with either 42 or 84 x 4TB* 7200 rpm drives
- 6Gbps SAS connectivity
Optimize storage economics
As an all-in-one, fast-write bulk storage solution, the SC280 can help deliver a low total cost of ownership. It is an ideal solution for:
- Large-scale enterprise deployments
- Co-location environments where you may have to pay separately for your rack space
- File workflows, such as radiology, life sciences and media archival
- Replication-intensive environments