Ideal for virtualization workloads or core applications, the PowerEdge™ M910 offers an excellent blend of performance, reliability and scalability in a high-density form factor.
- Intel® Xeon® processors 7500 and 6500 series
Intel® Xeon® processors E7-2800, E7-4800 and E7-8800 product family
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 (includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V)
Microsoft Windows® HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft Hyper-V, a server role in Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
VMware® vSphere® and ESXi™
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization®
- Intel® E 7510
Up to 1TB (32 DIMM slots) 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1333MT/s
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- VMware vSphere ESX and ESXi
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
2.5" SAS SSD, SATA SSD, SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K)
Maximum internal storage:
Up to 2.4TB per blade with 2 x 2.5” SAS (10K) 1.2TB hard drives
- Hot-Swap options available:
Up to two 2.5" SAS or SSD drives
- PERC H200 Modular (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 Modular (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache
- Two embedded Broadcom NetExtreme II Dual Port 5709S Gigabit Ethernet NICs with failover and load balancing.
TOE (TCP/IP Offload Engine) supported on Microsoft Server 2003 SP1 or higher with Scalable Networking Pack. iSCSI Offload supported on Windows Server 2003 SP1 or higher, Red Hat Linux Enterprise 5, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10. Scalable Networking Pack for Windows 2003 is not required. Boot from SAN (iSCSI and FC) supported.
Optional add-in NICs: See I/O Mezzanine Card Options
Optional add-in HBAs: See I/O Mezzanine Card Options
- Supplied by Dell’s M1000e Blade Chassis
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB memory
- Rack Support
Supplied by Dell’s M1000e Blade Chassis
Hot-plug hard drives, ECC memory, redundant embedded hypervisor, Intel Xeon 7500 & 6500 series processors with enhanced RAS features
- Dell™ OpenManage™ software tools
Dell Management Console Integration with 3rd party management solutions via Dell’s Certified Partner Program
Altiris® Deployment Solution for Dell Blade Servers
Designed to help reduce deployment time from hours to minutes
Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC)
Out of Band alerting, status, inventory, and troubleshooting via Secure Web GUI / CLI (telnet/SSH)
vMedia (virtual media) - Map optical or hard drives to the blade from remote workstations over a network
vKVM (virtual KVM) out-of-band remote console redirection-supports Java or ActiveX plug-ins IPMI 2.0 support
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 10º C to 35º C (50º F to 96º F)
Storage: -40º C to 65º C (-40º F to 149º F)
Operating: 20% to 80% (non-condensing)
Storage: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
Operating: 0.26 Grms at 5-350Hz in operational orientations
Storage: 1.54 Grms at 10-250Hz in all orientations
Operating: Half sine shock in all operational orientations of 31 G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10%
Storage: Half sine shock on all six sides of 71 G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2 ms +/- 10%
Operating: -15.2m to 3048 m (-50 to 10,000 ft)
Storage: -16 to 10,600m (-50 ft 35,000 ft)
Powerful, Scalable and Compact
- The PowerEdge™ M910 was designed to meet the needs of nearly any IT environment. Built with Intel® Xeon® processors and advanced systems management capabilities, the M910 is ideal for the demanding applications at the core of most data centers.
- Dell™ FlexMem Bridge technology allows the M910 to seamlessly scale from 4GB to 1TB of DDR3 RAM in either two-socket or four-socket configurations. This patent-pending technology allows Dell to deliver a unique platform that can grow as your needs dictate.
- By delivering these capabilities in a blade server, Dell allows your organization to add significant performance in an exceptionally energy-efficient and easily managed form factor. With 8 four-socket servers per 10U of rack space, the M910 offers more than three times the density of traditional 4U rack-optimized four-socket servers.
Focused on Quality and Reliability
Simplified Systems ManagementThe next generation Dell OpenManage™ suite offers advanced operations and standards-based commands designed to integrate with existing systems for effective control.
- TheDell Management Console, powered by Altiris from Symantec, delivers a single view and a common data source into the entire infrastructure. Dell Management Console is built on the Symantec™ Management Platform (formerly Altiris® Notification Server), an easily extensible, modular foundation that can provide basic hardware management or more advanced functions such as asset and security management. Dell Management Console helps reduce manual processes so less time and money can be spent keeping the lights on and more time can be spent on strategic uses of technology.
- Lifecycle Controller is the engine for advanced systems management integrated on the server. Lifecycle Controller is designed to simplify administrator tasks to perform a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics from a single intuitive interface called Unified Server Configurator (USC) in a pre-OS environment. This can eliminate the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media.
- The Dell Unified Server Configurator delivers a single access point for secure, efficient and user-friendly infrastructure management. Embedded and integrated into the system, it provides quick and consistent access, excellent flexibility and advanced capabilities. With built-in driver installations, firmware updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics, the USC tool is a one-stop shop for operating system deployment.
No other company knows more about storing and protecting information on Dell servers and storage arrays—than Dell. Direct feedback from customers--fueled by the Dell direct model--drives the design and development of a broad range of storage products for organizations of all sizes. Upon consulting with you to understand your operational objectives, Dell can design and deploy a custom storage solution and become a primary contact to assist you with your enterprise applications and information.
|Storage Area Network (SAN): |
A network of shared storage resources
|Network Attached Storage (NAS): |
A storage server that connects to a network
|Disk Storage Arrays: |
Disk enclosures that connect to a server or network
|Disk Backup : |
Disk Based Backup and data protection
|Tape Automation: |
Automated tape systems for consolidated backup
|Tape Drives and Removable Disk Drives: |
Tape and Removable Disk Drive devices used to back up and restore information
Dell IT Consulting ServicesDell global infrastructure consulting services utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give customers rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver ROI and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes. From Data Center Optimization to Server Virtualization to Systems Management, our consulting services help you build a more efficient enterprise.
Dell Managed ServicesDell Managed Services are a modular set of lifecycle services designed to help customers automate and centrally configure, deploy, and manage their day-to-day data center operations. These services extend a customer’s existing on-premise IT infrastructure with off-premise cloud services designed to better address challenges with mobility, highly distributed organizations, security, compliance, business continuity and disaster preparedness.
Deploy: Our factory, remote and onsite installation services for servers make efficient use of your employees' time by helping to speed up activities like configuration, customization and deployment, enabling delivery of systems that are ready to work right out of the box.
Operate: Dell can help optimize your data center operations, including storage, backup and virtual environments by focusing on remote monitoring, reporting and alerts, along with full remote management for storage and backup environments, freeing up IT resources.
Protect: Dell Data Center Backup Management services are available to assist you with reporting to help refine SLA requirements, to provide monitoring to improve process efficiency or for the full management of your backup environment.
Recovery and Recycling: Dell Asset Recovery and Recycling Services help you recover and dispose of owned or leased computer equipment, in a manner that follows EPA guidelines.
Dell ProSupportDell ProSupport is a suite of support services that enable you to build the solution that’s right for your organization. Choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. From the desktop to the datacenter, address everyday IT challenges such as unplanned downtime, mission critical needs, data and asset protection, support planning, resource allocation, software application management and more. Optimize your IT resources by prescribing the right support model.
A Smarter Path to VirtualizationUnderstanding how to effectively apply virtualization in such a rapidly changing market can be challenging. Dell helps you address your needs today without limiting your options tomorrow. With architecture and management strategies grounded in open standards, Dell enables a modular approach to infrastructure scaling.
Tap into our extensive pool of virtualization expertise, innovative tools and automated analysis to help you quickly assess your environment and plan a virtualized infrastructure that meets your specific needs.
Your complete solution for Oracle® Database environmentsWe're your source for the entire Oracle Database solution — including servers, storage, systems management, operating systems, services, support and the complete line of Oracle software. The entire solution stack is tested and supported by Dell — and we offer services to help you accelerate deployment.
Servers: The Dell PowerEdge Server family provides outstanding performance and value, proven by multiple TPC price/performance leadership proof-points. With multicore processors, you could have dramatic system performance increases.
Storage: Your mission-critical data can be protected with Dell. With multiple storage offerings comprising our Dell/EMC, PowerVault and EqualLogic™ brands, users can scale from the smallest departmental database to the largest global enterprise.
Dell storage arrays are ideally suited for Oracle environments because they deliver high data availability and replication; powerful storage management and exceptional performance; and affordability with choices, including serial attached SCSI (SAS), serial ATA (SATA) and Fiber Channel.
Software: Dell offers tested and validated solutions for the Oracle Database on both Microsoft® Windows® and Linux® operating systems. These operating systems can ship from Dell factories preinstalled on the server. Additionally, Oracle Database, Technology Applications and Business Applications are available directly from Dell.
Systems Management: Dell OpenManage gives you a flexible way to manage and update your Oracle Database environment using a common tool set from a single console that supports both Linux and Windows. OpenManage offers integrated deployment, monitoring, and change-management capabilities that update server software, operating systems, databases and applications.
Services: Dell offers a comprehensive suite of services designed to help you efficiently and cost-effectively assess, design and implement an Oracle Database solution. All services are delivered through Dell, offer a single point of accountability and offer the combined expertise of Dell, Microsoft, Red Hat and Oracle Consulting Services (OCS).
Microsoft Exchange 2010Deploying Microsoft Exchange 2010 on the latest generation of Dell servers and storage can offer your organization advanced user productivity on a significantly more efficient infrastructure. As mobile access and global workforces become the norm, enterprises must stay abreast of constantly changing challenges surrounding data access, operational efficiency, security and data protection. Enterprises are implementing comprehensive, integrated, end-to-end messaging solutions that incorporate not only email, but also voicemail, instant messaging, and Web and audio video conferencing. With a wide array of new features and capabilities specifically designed to help enterprises address these imperatives, Dell and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 are evolving to address today’s messaging needs.
Dell has years of experience migrating millions of Exchange mailboxes. This experience helps ensure that your business has seamless, customized deployments backed by world-class training, service and support. Our worldwide services network encompasses 52,000 technologists in 180 countries who have helped with the migrations of over 4 million Exchange and Active Directory® users.
Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter™
What if you could manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console?
What if you could rapidly and consistently provision hardware and deploy virtual machines from within VMware vCenter?
What if you could reduce the number of steps needed to deploy virtual infrastructure?
With the Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter installed in your VMware environment, you can:
• Get deep-level detail from Dell servers for inventory, monitoring and alerting — all from within vCenter
• Deploy BIOS and firmware updates to Dell servers from within vCenter
• Build hardware and hypervisor profiles and deploy any combination of the two on bare-metal Dell PowerEdge servers without a preboot execution environment (PXE)
• Automatically perform Dell-recommended vCenter actions based on Dell hardware alerts
• Access Dell hardware warranty information online
And, to give you even more power, we deliver our plug-in as a virtual appliance. That makes it easier to deploy and configure and offers integration directly into the vCenter console, providing more information inside of vCenter itself — unlike many other vendors who provide only "link-and-launch" capabilities to point to their own proprietary consoles.
The combination of the Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter and the revolutionary embedded management features offered by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware.