Compact, manageable and versatile.
Save space with a short-depth chassis, save time with intuitive management using a quiet, 1U 1-socket server.
Sorry, but this item is no longer available for purchase online. Please contact your sales representative for details on how to order.
Quiet and compact designInstall your server in a wide range of settings, thanks to a short chassis depth of (15.5") that makes the R220 more compact than competitive servers*. Easily deploy in a short-depth rack, on a countertop or in a data center and have ample space for cabling or for connecting devices to the 5 USB ports. Quiet, office-level acoustics make this server ideal for open-office environments and can reduce noise in data centers.
Easy to deploy and manageIntuitive systems management features help you simplify IT tasks and save valuable administrative time.
- With embedded, agent-free management, you can reclaim hours of time, eliminate steps to perform tasks and reduce the potential for error.
- Deploying, monitoring and managing your PowerEdge servers is made easy with Dell OpenManage Essentials, a simplified systems-management console for managing Dell hardware.
- Have in-band or out-of-band control of physical, virtual, local and remote systems, with or without a software agent, using the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 7 (iDRAC7) with Lifecycle Controller.
Your application accelerator
Reliable, protected and stable
- Intel Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family
Intel Core® I3-4130
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
For more information on specific versions and additions, visit Dell.com/OSsupport
- Intel C222
- Memory DIMMs
4x DDR3 UDIMMs w/ECC
- 2 x 3.5” or 2 x 2.5”
Default SATA; Optional SAS and SSD
- 1x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot; full height, half length
- Chipset based SATA, PERC S110 (Embedded SW RAID)
6GB SAS HBA
- 2x GbE LOM w/o TOE
- Non-redundant, 250W (80+ Silver); auto-ranging (100V~240V)
- 1U rack
- Remote management
iDRAC7 Enterprise with Lifecycle Controller (optional)
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool®, and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle Database Manager
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB memory integrated in Nuvoton WPCM450 (BMC controller) and supports 2D graphics only.
- ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded hole racks, with support for tooled mounting in 2-post racks.
- H: 1.66” (42.4 mm) (without ear/bezel)
W: 17.09” (434 mm) (without ear/bezel)
D: 15.52” (394.3 mm) (without ear/bezel)