The world’s most powerful 15" Workstation
Windows 7 Professional.
No job is too big to take on the road with up to a 15.6 " screen with optional QHD+ display and best-in-class power and storage. Fully customizable (optional).
Call for PricingSelect
Heavy-duty processing and graphics performance
Innovative, durable designWaves MaxxAudio Pro: Raise the sound quality of audio files played on your workstation’s speakers or your headphones with this suite of audio tools.
Intel® vPro™/AMT systems management: Remotely manage and update your Dell Precision fleet with optional next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology.*
Four USB 3.0 ports: Transfer files quickly with the speed of USB 3.0.
Strong materials: Your Dell Precision workstation has an aluminum and magnesium alloy chassis that has been subjected to MIL-STD 810G testing to ensure durability.
Easy Eject Drive Bay: Quickly remove your hard drive and swap it with another or store it separately for security reasons with the tool-free, easy eject primary drive bay.*
Top-notch securityFrom cyber threats to accidental system loss, the Dell Precision M4800 gives you confidence that your critical data is protected by the latest technologies.
- Stop advanced malware in its tracks with Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace.
- Dell Data Protection | Security Tools enables multifactor, single sign-on (SSO) and preboot authentication along with integrated management with your encryption policies.
- A FIPS 140-2-certified TPM is available for secure credential storage, and Dell ControlVault adds another layer of hardware security by isolating user passwords and credentials on a separately controlled hardware chip.
- Add the highest level of data protection with FIPS-certified self-encrypting drives.
Long battery life
Quiet-running dual fans — one for the CPU and one for the GPU — help increase component longevity and extend battery life.
Dell Fast Response Free Fall Sensor
Dell Fast Response Free Fall Sensor is designed to sense a drop from five inches or higher and park the reading head on your hard drive to help prevent damage to the drive and your data.
Your Dell Precision mobile Workstation has been certified by leading software manufacturers for seamless performance in demanding professional software.
E-Port Plus Advanced Replicator
Simplify connections to your keyboard, mouse and up to four monitors and transfer data quickly with two USB 3.0 ports.
Dell KM714 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
Give your workspace a clean look with this sleek wireless keyboard and mouse combo.
Upgrade to ProSupport Plus – the only complete support that combines proactive resolution, automated prevention and protection for PCs and tablets.
- 4th generation Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors, up to Core i7 Extreme Edition, Intel vPro™ advanced management on select CPUs
- Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® version 6.4
Ubuntu® 12.04 SP1 Linux
- 4 DIMM slots: up to 32GB 1600MHz; Or up to 16GB 1866MHz memory
- Mobile Intel® QM87 Express
- Graphics Options*:
AMD FirePro M5100 Mobility Pro with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro K1100M with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro K2100M with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
- Storage Options*:
Support for three storage devices: one 2.5" drive in easy eject drive bay; one 2.5" drive in optical bay caddy*; one solid state Mini-Card
Dell Fast Response Free Fall Sensor standard
7200rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 320GB up to 750GB; 5400rpm 500GB FIPS Certified Self Encrypting Drive*
7200rpm SATA 3Gb/s 500GB or 1TB hybrid hard drive with up to 8GB of integrated solid state storage
SSD (Solid state drive) from 128GB to 512GB SATA 6Gb/s
Solid State Mini-Card storage device from 128GB to 512GB
Optional RAID 0 or 1 (requires minimum of two storage devices); Optional RAID 5 (requires three storage devices)
- DVD-ROM; Slot load DVD+/-RW; Blu-ray Disc™ writer; Optical bay caddy for additional hard drive or solid state drive
- Wired: Integrated Intel 82579M/V 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN & Bluetooth:
Dell Wireless 1506 (802.11gn)
Intel Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 (802.11n 3x3 half Mini-Card)
Intel Centrino® Advanced-N 7260 (802.11ac+BT 4.0 2x2 half Mini-Card)
Dell Wireless 1550 (802.11 a/c+BT 4.0 2x2 half Mini-Card)
Dell Wireless 1601 (802.11n+BT+60Hz WiGig 2x2 half Mini-Card) (Available only in select countries)
Mobile Broadband & GPS:
Dell Wireless™ DW5570 Multi-mode HSPA+/-42Mbps full Mini-Card
Dell Wireless™ DW5808 Gobi 4G/LTE full Mini-Card
- Security Options*:
Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM)
FIPS Certified TPM
FIPS certified self encrypting drive
FIPS certified fingerprint reader
I/O Interface Security
Intel Anti-Theft Protection (iATP)
Contact SmartCard reader
Contactless SmartCard reader
standard or Dell Data Protection | Security Tools
Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace
Dell Data Protection| Encryption
- Dual integrated high quality speakers and dual integrated noise cancelling digital array microphones standard
Waves MaxxAudio® Pro suite of advanced audio enhancement tools
Optional, integrated, light sensitive HD video webcam with Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Slots: 1 full and 2 half Mini-Card slots
Standard I/O Ports
1 - Lock Slot
2 - USB 3.0
1 - Microphone
1 - Headphone
1 - 9-in-1 media card reader*
1 - SmartCard reader (optional)
1 - 54mm ExpressCard slot
1 - VGA
1 - RJ-45
1 - eSATA / USB 2.0
1 - HDMI
2 - USB 3.0
1 - DisplayPort
1 - Wireless switch
Materials: aluminum and magnesium alloy
Dimensions (HxWxD): 1.29-1.37" x 14.80" x 10.08"; 36.25mm-39.9mm x 376mm x 256mm
Weight*: starts at 6.35lbs; 2.88kg (with 6-cell battery, airbay and optional mSATA)
Power: 180W AC adapter
Full size keyboard with number pad; backlit optional
Multi-touch touchpad with three buttons; track stick with three buttons
- 6-cell (65Wh) with ExpressCharge™; 9-cell (97Wh) with ExpressCharge™; 9-cell (97Wh) 3 Year Limited Hardware Warranty*; 9-cell
(97Wh) Extended battery slice
- Up to 10 hours of battery life*
- Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Environmental and Regulatory
Environmental standards (eco-labels) include: BFR/PVC free*; ENERGY STAR® qualified, EPEAT® Registered*; China - RoHS, CECP,CEC; EU - RoHS, WEEE; Germany - GS Mark; South Korea - RoHS, Eco-label; Japan - RoHS, Energy Law, Green PC
Other environmental options: Dell Energy Smart settings (select configurations); Dell Asset Recovery Service