Put the latest storage technology to work for you
The PowerVault™ NX3100 is a capacity-dense, dedicated network attached storage (NAS) solution that’s integrated with enhanced file-sharing software and designed to help smaller offices stay efficient and productive. The NX3100 is also flexible enough to support applications (block data) that help people with limited resources save time by eliminating the need to manage separate types of storage.
- Supports up to 24TB in a compact 2U chassis
- Expands up to 384TB total external capacity with Dell™ PowerVault™, EqualLogic™ and EMC™ arrays
- Ships with everything you need — the automated initial setup and configuration wizard lets you easily set and forget
Share up to 576TB of Files and Application Data.
- Grow capacity internally up to 36TB, using 12 data drives in a compact 2U chassis. Choose from 450GB/600GB SAS or 1TB/2TB/3TB near-line SAS. The NX3100 system grows with your business needs.
- Expand capacity externally with a wide selection of Dell’s PowerVault™ arrays for up to 576TB maximum capacity.
- Manage your data with the built-in data management software. Create policy based actions to move, backup or otherwise manage the lifecycle of your data.
- Deliver better managed file services across Server Message Block (SMB) and NFS with File Services Resource Manager (FSRM).
Storage technology that works for youThe NX3100 offers of the right mix of high storage capacity and software to keep your storage network highly efficient. The factory-installed Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 x64 operating system condenses the top file-serving features from Windows® Server 2008 and adds advanced storage management features designed for faster, more efficient and more reliable file sharing.
- Choose higher-capacity or higher-performance with select SAS, near-line SAS and SATA hard drives.
- Reduce duplicate files (transparent file-level deduplication) with single-instance storage (SIS).
- Access information faster through Distributed File System (DFS) namespaces.
- Share files across Windows and non-Windows clients with CIFS (SMB 2.0) and NFS.
Set Up and Manage with EaseThe PowerVault™ NX3100 integrates everything you need, right out of the box, to begin sharing information safely and efficiently, without wasting time, money and resources building a file server from scratch.
- Automates setup and configuration with the “initial configuration task” tool.
- Supports unlimited users through included client-added licenses (CALs).
- Manages your information remotely through a web-based browser using Remote Desktop and the Microsoft Management Console.
Headless operation and remote management are offered through the integrated Dell™ Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) and Java Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). In addition, the Remote Desktop for Administration feature in Windows® Storage Server 2008 R2 provides remote administration of recurring management tasks, saving valuable time and resources.