Long-term platform stability
- Intel® Core™ i7 (4770S)
- Intel® 4th Gen Core™ i5 (4570S)
- Intel® 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 (4330)
- Intel® Pentium® (G3420)
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro.)
- Windows® 7 Professional 32bit - Embedded
- Windows® 7 Professional 64bit - Embedded
- Windows® 7 Ultimate 32bit - Embedded
- Windows® 7 Ultimate 64bit - Embedded
- Windows 10 IOT Embedded Ent 2015 LTSB MUI Retail or Thin Clt for OEM Customers
- Windows 10 IOT Embedded Ent 2015 LTSB MUI for OEM Customers
- No Operating System
- No Operating System for N-Series
- Ubuntu Linux 12.04
- 4GB (1x4G) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 2GB (1x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 4GB (1x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 4GB (2x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 2GB (1x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 8GB (1x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 4GB (2X2GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 6GB (1X2GB + 1X4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 16GB (4X4GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 8GB (2x4G) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- 32GB (4X8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Memory
- Intel® Q87 Express Chipset
- Intel Integrated Graphics, Dell OptiPlex
- AMD Radeon 2GB R7 250, Half Height Single Card (DP and DVI-I)
- AMD Radeon R5 240, 1GB, Half Height, Single Card (DP and DVI-I)
- AMD Radeon™ R5 340X (2GB DP/DVI-I)
- Integrated Intel® I217LM Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000; supports optional PCIe 10/100/1000 network card, optional wireless 802.11n card
Note, the integrated Intel connection is required to support Intel® vPro™ Technology
- Trusted Platform Module* (TPM) 1.2, Dell Data Protection|SecurityTools, Dell Data Protection|Encryption, Chassis lock slot support, optional Chassis Intrusion Switch, Setup/BIOS Password, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card keyboards, Intel® Trusted Execution Technology, Intel® Identity Protection Technology, Intel® Ant-Theft Technology, KACE Security, Dell Secure Works, BIOS support for optional*
- Intel® vPro Technology (iAMT 9.0) including Dell unique vPro extensions; Intel® Standard Manageability; No Out of Band Systems Management
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 14.2 x 6.9 x 16.4 /(36.0 x 17.5 x 41.7)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) : 20.68 / 9.4
Number of Bays : 2 internal 3.5”
2 external 5.25”
Expansion Slots : 1 full height PCIe x16
1 full height PCIe x16 (wired x 4)
1 full height PCIe x1
1 full height PCI
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 365W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Small Form Factor (SFF)
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 11.4 x 3.7 x 12.3 /(29.0 x 9.3 x 31.2)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) :13.2 /6.0
Number of Bays :1 internal 3.5”
1 external 5.25” (slimline)
Expansion Slots : 1 half height PCIe x16
1 half height PCIe x4
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 315W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Dell Professional series monitors available from 17"-24"
Keyboards: Dell USB Entry Keyboard, Dell Multimedia Pro Keyboard, Dell Smart Card Keyboard
Mouse: Dell USB Optical Mouse, Dell Laser Mouse
Audio Speakers: Internal Dell 2.0 stereo speaker systems available; Dell sound bar for select flat-panel displays.
Dell Print Solutions: Black-and-White, Color and Multifunction Lasers for printing and document management
Hard Drives Options
Hard Disk Drives: up to 1TB
Supports Hybrid, Opal SED FIPS, and Solid State Drive
RAID 0 & 1 support on select configurations
No Hard Drive – Supports Dell Cloud Desktop diskless option
Removable Media Options
Supports optional optical disc drives
4 External USB 3.0 ports (2 front, 2 rear)
6 External USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 4 rear)
2 Internal USB 2.0 (MT only)
2 Line-in (stereo/microphone)
2 Line-out (headphone/speaker)
1 Parallel/Serial/Powered Serial/Powered USB port support (optional)
- Environmental Standards (eco-labels): ENERGY STAR 5.2 qualified, EPEAT Registered9, CECP, WEEE, Japan Energy Law, South Korea E-standby, South Korea Eco-label (for SFF only), EU RoHS, China RoHSOther Environmental Options: Carbon Off-set; Asset Resale and Recovery Service.
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
- Help reduce the cost and complexity of system recertification with a three-and-a-half-year purchase lifecycle, which includes the locking of key hardware and software components.
- Easily maintain a consistent work environment while planning for future deployments with help from a six-month managed-transition period.
- Confidently run your desktop in hot and space-constrained areas — even inside cabinets. A robust chassis design and a durable fan enable a high temperature tolerance, up to 45°C ambient.
- Deploy with flexibility through multiple chassis options. Select the small form factor (SFF) chassis, optimized for constrained workspaces or the expandable mini tower (MT) with support for legacy PCI cards.
- Specifically designed for original equipment manufacturers, an OEM Ready version of the OptiPlex XE2 is available.
- Remotely manage your desktops with next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology and Dell’s custom Intel vPro extensions for one-to-many, out-of-band BIOS management.
- Reduce costs to set up, monitor and update systems with Dell’s automated tools and utilities for client systems management.
- Tighten security with an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and optional self-encrypting drives (SEDs), smart card keyboard and security lock.
- Help secure data and control user access with flexible, easily managed Dell Data Protection solutions.
- Centralize and automate management to help reduce administration costs with Dell Systems Management and Dell KACE.
- Enhance service delivery to your desktops and boost productivity with Dell Cloud Desktop and Dell Cloud Client Computing solutions.
- Easily manage and secure OS, application, and user data from a central location for delivery of on-demand virtual desktops to stateless and diskless Dell OptiPlex Cloud Desktops, powered by Dell Wyse WSM.