Customize at the workload level
Tailor infrastructure to the job with compact blocks of server, storage and networking that neatly combine in the PowerEdge FX2 2U rack chassis.
- Hot-plug PSUs: Platinum rated – 2400W or 2000W, or 1600WAC in 1+1 redundant, redundancy alerting only, 2+0 non-redundant configurations.
- 8 hot-swappable fans provide cooling to the I/O components in the system
- OpenManage Enterprise
OpenManage Power Center
Integrations and Connections
- OpenManage Integrations:
Microsoft® System Center
BMC Software(available from BMC)
Nagios Core and Nagios XI
Oracle Enterprise Manager
HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
I/O and Ports
- 2 pass-through module or choice of 3 FN I/O Modules:
Dell PowerEdge FN410s 4-ports SFP+ provides 4 ports of SFP+ 10GbE connectivity. Supports optical and DAC cable media.
Dell PowerEdge FN410t 4-port 10Gb Base-T provides 4 ports of 10GBASE-T connectivity. Supports cost effective copper media up to 100 meters.
Dell PowerEdge FN2210s 4-port Combination Fibre Channel/Ethernet delivers up to 2 ports of 2/4/8Gbps Fibre Channel bandwidth (NPG mode and full fabric services and 2 ports of SFP+10GbE.) Also delivers up to 4 ports SFP+ 10GbE (with reboot).
Supported Operating Systems
- Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information.
2U chassis in height
H: 8.68 cm (3.41 in)
W: 43.35 cm (17.06 in) without rack ears; 48.19 cm (18.97 in) with rack ears
D: 85.16 cm (33.52 in)
Server sled options
PowerEdge FC830: 4-socket, full-width 1U server sled, up to 2 FC830 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FC640: 2-socket, half-width 1U server sled; up to 4 FC640 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FC630: 2-socket, half-width 1U server sled, up to 4 FC630 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FC430: 2-socket, quarter-width 1U server sled, up to 8 FC430 per FX2 chassis
PowerEdge FD332 storage block: Half-width: up to 3 FD332 per FX2 chassis for support of up to 16 x SFF 2.5" storage devices, up to 48 SFF devices in an FX2 chassis
- Uses Embedded Chassis Management Controller to manage all resources (server nodes, storage, networking and power) with a unified management tool, presented in a single console
Offers both local and remote management
Available with either Enterprise or Express CMC licensing
Server nodes each contain proven iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller for agent-free systems management, fully supported in the OpenManage product portfolio
I/O Expansion Slots
- Two versions of the FX2 chassis: one supports up to 8 low-profile/half-length PCIe 3.0 expansion slots, and the other, a lower-cost alternative that does not offer expansion slots.
Optimize for your workloads with the ultimate dense scale-out infrastructureEasily and rapidly scale the resources your organization requires with the modular FX architecture. At the foundation, the FX2 chassis combines the density and efficiencies of blades with the simplicity and cost advantages of rack-based systems. Build the configuration of compute, storage and networking that meets your unique needs.
Perfect for performance environments:
- Large data centers
- Software-defined storage
- Clustered database
- Big data analytics
- Anything as a service (XaaS)
- Private cloud
Scale incrementally with powerful blocks of resourcesThe FX2 features shared, redundant power and cooling; I/O fabric; and management infrastructure to service flexible blocks of compute and storage resources.
- Comes in 2U rack mount form factor that can be configured to hold 4 half-width, 8 quarter-width sleds or 2 full width sleds.
- Supports up to eight low-profile PCI Express (PCIe) Gen 3 expansion slots.
- Hosts redundant, quad-port pass-through GbE or 10GbE I/O modules. Option to replace these modules with FN I/O aggregators designed to add functionality and simplicity, reduce cost.
Sustain your business and grow with intelligent automationSimplify building and managing your data center with Dell EMC systems management tools. Dell EMC’s OpenManage systems management portfolio, used across other PowerEdge servers, can be used with the FX2, or leverage embedded chassis management.
- Perform automated deployments, and updates with agent-free iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller.
- Simplify with the new OpenManage Enterprise console, with custom reports and automatic discovery.
- Enable easy collective or individual server management with the embedded Chassis Management Controller (CMC).
Protect with built-in PowerEdge securitySecure and harden your FX environment with the PowerEdge server cyber-resilient architecture. Use integrated features that consider each aspect of system security, from design to retirement, to ensure trust and deliver worry-free, secure systems.
- Rely on a secure supply chain that protects servers from factory to the data center.
- Protect configurations and firmware from malicious changes with Server Lock-down.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware and Secure Boot.
- Wipe all data from storage media quickly and securely with System Erase.
PowerEdge FC830Full-width, 1U, 4-socket server sled, with dense compute and memory scalability and a highly expandable storage subsystem, that is ideal for application and virtualization environments at both midsize and large enterprises.
PowerEdge FC640Half-width, 1U, 2-socket server sled, with flexibility and performance with best-in class density, that is a perfect candidate for virtualization, server consolidation, scale-out, private and hybrid cloud environments.
PowerEdge FC630Half-width, 1U, 2-socket server sled, with high-performance computational density, that is designed for enterprises looking for a powerful workhorse for IT infrastructure.
PowerEdge FC430Quarter-width, 1U, 2-socket high-density server sled with optional InfiniBand configuration, with the right balance of performance, memory and I/O, that is an excellent choice for data centers that need to run mid-tier applications
PowerEdge FD332Half-width, 1U, 12Gb SAS storage module with up to 16 direct-attached small form factor (SFF) storage devices.
Dell EMC PowerEdge FN IO ModuleI/O aggregator/switching module simplifies network connectivity and reduces cabling by as much as 8-to-1.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise SuiteGain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell EMC is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance and service account management.
ProDeployProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration and complex integrations. Our complete suite of deployment services and professional certifications helps you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Training & CertificationEducation Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
ConsultingConsulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Financing and leasingLet the wealth of leasing and financing options from Dell Financial Services™ help you find opportunities in your organization regarding capital expenditures, operating expenditures and cash flow.
| ||Upgrade to Dell ProSupport|
Hardware and software support when you need it, where you need it.
Learn More ›
| Need help deciding |
which solution is right for your business?