- PowerVault(TM) MD3220i 1Gb iSCSI SAN Storage Array
- 3 Yrs Next Business Day Onsite Service
Consolidation = Efficiency
iSCSI Storage is Ideal for Virtual Server Environments
The MD3200i/MD3220i arrays offer several advantages
- 1 Gb Ethernet is a mature, well-understood technology that is less complicated
- Ethernet hardware is cost-effective and readily available.
- Widespread familiarity with Ethernet technology can help cut training time and costs.
System management is easy
The MD3200i/MD3220i arrays are managed by next-generation MD Storage Manager software, an intuitive, easy-to-use client-based application.
- Two different management paths offer easy user interaction, even for those with only a basic familiarity of storage systems.
- The enterprise window feature monitors multiple systems through a single interface.
- Wizard-based array management helps simplify the configuration process.
Software detects and alerts you of any problems and launches an automatic Recovery Guru to help troubleshoot and resolve the issues.
The MD3200i/MD3220i arrays deliver an excellent performance/price ratio.
- Four iSCSI ports per controller enable twice the throughput compared to previous Dell™ MD3000i iSCSI arrays.
- Increased cache sizes of up to 2GB per controller meet large database application needs.
- SSD support optimizes the system for the most demanding I/O (input/output) applications.
Deploy up to 192 HDDs by simply plugging in PowerVault MD1200 and/or PowerVault MD1220 enclosures behind MD3200i arrays. Scale your system with a mix of both 3.5” and 2.5” hard drives.
- Four times the base capacity over previous generation arrays
- Six time capacity over previous generation with optional PFK for hard drives
Tested, validated and warranted to operate within the highest current temperature and humidity guidelines issued by ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers), the MD Family of arrays are capable of short-term, excursion-based operation in temperatures up to 113º F (45º C). By leveraging the thermal and reliability advantages engineered into this portfolio of equipment, customers are able to run data centers even warmer, helping reduce additional maintenance and infrastructure costs while enabling lower overall energy consumption.
Each virtual disk supports up to sixteen snapshots, with a total of 256 snapshots per system. These are typically used when data needs to be 'frozen' in time.
Virtual disk copy is full replication of an existing virtual disk at any point in time, often used for decision support and application development testing.
If a drive is removed, the SED, which encrypts data written to the drive and decrypts data read from the drive, 'locks' to prevent unauthorized access.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 24x7 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
|Speed of response||Protection||Premium proactive|
|Mission Critical* — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site*service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process and emergency dispatch.|
|Keep your hard drive* — Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-wide contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Proactive maintenance — Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems.
Remote advisory options — Provides telephone and internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft® Exchange, Virtualization and more.
|Basic Hardware Warranty*|
Ideal for nonessential application environments. This service offers business-hour, phone-based support for hardware-only issues with Next Business Day On-Site Service following completion of phone-based troubleshooting.
Dell Education Services
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. A self-paced online training course jump starts the Storage Administrator on managing the PowerVault MD Storage environment.
|Additional service offerings|
Comprehensive storage training and certification
Through comprehensive storage training courses, Dell provides expertise in implementing Dell storage into an existing IT infrastructure. If you are interested in validating or maintaining your skill set for company compliance, the Dell-certified Network Storage Networking Professional Certification path is available.
Backup and recovery
To sustain the continued operation of your storage solution, you should engineer availability, security and reliability into every process from the outset. Dell can provide backup and recovery solutions that help ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize or avoid data loss.
Our storage experts analyze existing infrastructure, operational practices and technical readiness to develop a roadmap for conducting a storage consolidation. They will also develop a detailed consolidation deployment plan as well as a validated and refined solution design.