Versatile, expandable, affordable
Organisations that need to automate their backup processes to reduce the need for manual intervention and the risk of human error.
- Code Updates:
Web and either host bus or RMU for drives
Web and RMU only for library code updates
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO specifications are an open format designed for interoperability
Investment protection is assured through backwards compatibility
- Each LTO generation reads 2 generations back
- Each LTO generation writes 1 generation back
- Up to four LTO drives with 48 slots, 8Gb FC or 6Gb SAS
Ships standard with 48 cartridge slots
Both left and right magazines available as customer kits
- Library Managed Encryption option is available with LTO-4 and later generation drives
- Dell™ and x86 IBM legacy, Lenovo and HP servers
For a complete list of servers, refer to the Dell PowerVault Tape Compatibility Matrix: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/powervault-lto7/manuals
- 4U form factor
Height: Rack Mount 7.3" (185.2 mm)
Width: Rack Mount 17.6" (447.5 mm)
Depth: Rack Mount 31.9" (810 mm)
Weight: 47 lbs. with one drive and no media
Orientation: Horizontal only
Rack mount standard (desktop conversion kit included)
- There are two user interfaces:
Operator Control Panel: Located on the front of the TL4000 tape library, the user can use an LCD panel to check system status, run diagnostics, view system logs, check and set configuration, verify drive operations, run an inventory and manage the system.
Remote Web Management: The web based administration can be accessed via a 10/100 BaseT connection through any standard web browser. The user can check system status, run diagnostics, view system logs, check and set configuration, verify drive operations, run an inventory and manage the system. In addition, the user can upgrade the drive and library firmware via the RMU.
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature: 50 to 95 degrees F, 10 to 35 degrees C.
Relative Humidity: 20% RH to 80% RH (non-condensing)
Electrical Power: 1.3 amps at 100V ac, .7 amps at 240V ac
- SAS, FC, iSCSI*