Compact, affordable and powerful
Get workstation performance for about the price of a desktop with the Dell Precision™ T1700, available in two compact sizes that are perfect for any environment. Available with 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 and Intel® Core™ i7 processors.
- Online Price $2,299*
As low as $19.45 /week
View All Options
Processor Help Me Choose
- Intel® Xeon® Quad Core (E3-1271, E3-1246, E3-1241, E3-1226, E3-1225, E3-1220)
- Intel® Core™ i7 (4790)
- Intel® Core™ i5 (4690, 4590)
- Intel® 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 (4150, 4130)
Operating SystemHelp Me Choose
- Windows 8.1 Pro (64Bit) English
- Windows 7 Professional, English, 64bit (includes Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit License and Media)
- Windows® 7 Professional 32 bit (English)
- Windows® 7 Professional 64 bit (English)
- Intel® C226
- 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 4GB (2x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
- 4GB (2x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
- 8GB (4x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
- 16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
- 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
- 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
- 32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 ECC UDIMM
- 32GB (4x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
Mini tower: Small form factor: Graphics one PCI Express® x16 Gen 3 graphic card up to 150W (total for graphics) (some cards available in dual config): one low profile PCI Express® x16 Gen 3 graphic card up to 50W (total for graphics): Mid-range 3D AMD FirePro W5000 Yes No NVIDIA® Quadro® K4000 Yes No NVIDIA Quadro K2000 Yes No Entry 3D AMD FirePro V4900 Yes No NVIDIA Quadro K600 Yes Yes Professional 2D (not ISV certified) AMD FirePro 2270 Yes Yes Intel HD Graphics P4600/4600* Yes Yes NVIDIA Quadro NVS™ 510 No Yes NVIDIA Quadro NVS 310 Yes Yes
Hard Drive Help Me Choose
Integrated Intel 82579 Gigabit Ethernet controller with Remote Wake UP, PXE and Jumbo frames support
Broadcom NetXtreme 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet controller (PCI Express card)
- Integrated Realtek ALC269Q High Definition Audio
- Dell Precision T1700 Mini Tower (MT)
HxWxD: 14.17" x 6.89" x 17.13" / 360mm x 175mm x 435mm
Bays : Two internal 3.5" bays; two external 5.25" optical bays
Slots : One PCIe x16 Gen 3; one PCIe x16 Gen 2 wired x4
2 - USB 2.0
2 - USB 3.0
1 - Microphone
1 - Headphone
1 - USB 2.0 (MT only)
2 - SATA 6.0Gb/s
2 - SATA 3.0Gb/s
4 - USB 2.0
2 - USB 3.0
2 - PS2
2 - DisplayPort
1 - VGA
1 - RJ45
1 - Serial
1 - Audio line-in / microphone
1 - Audio line-out
Dell UltraSharp series - Award-winning high-performance monitors with PremierColor (on select models) and ultrawide
viewing: 21.5"-30"; Dell Professional series monitors available: 17"-24". Dell Single Monitor Arm and Dual Monitor Stand.
Dell Smartcard Keyboard; Dell Business Multimedia Keyboard
Dell USB Optical Mouse; Dell Laser USB 6-Button Mouse
Dell 2.0 and 2.1 stereo speaker systems available; Dell sound bar for select flat-panel displays
Dell Precision T1700 Small Form Factor (SFF) heading
HxWxD : 11.42" x 3.65" x 12.28" / 290mm x 92.6mm x 312mm
Bays : One internal 3.5" bay (supports one 3.5" or two 2.5" drives); one external slimline optical bay
Slots : One PCIe x16 Gen 3; one PCIe x4 (open ended) wired x4
- •Mini tower: up to two 3.5" or four 2.5" SATA drives
Small form factor: one 3.5" or two 2.5" SATA drives
Both: Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT)*, Intel Rapid Start Technology (RST)*, Smart Connect
Technology (SCT)* with select drives:
SATA 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM
Up to 2.0TB
SATA 6.0Gb/s 10k RPM
Up to 500GB
SATA 6.0Gb/s SSD
Up to 256GB
Self Encrypting Drive (SED)*
500GB (Coming Soon)
Storage ControllerIntegrated: Intel Rapid Storage Technology supporting SATA 6Gb/s and host based RAID 0/1/5/10
- Limited Hardware Warranty*, Standard 1-year On Site Service after Remote Diagnosis*
Optional: Optional Dell ProSupport and Dell ProSupport with Mission Critical offers premium support from expert technicians
and 24x7 global availability and same day business response options for mission critical situations*.
- Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM 1.2); Intrusion switch; Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Kensington® lock slot,
Padlock ring, lockable power supply; Dell Data Protection (DDP): DDP | Security Tools for advanced authentication; DDP |
Protected Workspace for malware; DDP | Encryption for data protection
- Environmental and Regulatory
ENERGY STAR® 5.2 configurations available including optional 80 PLUS® registered Gold power supplies; EPEAT® registered
(see epeat.net for specific registration rating/status by country); China CECP; GS Mark. For a complete listing of declarations
and certifications, see Dell’s regulatory and compliance homepage
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Warranty and Support Services
Limited Hardware Warranty*, Standard 1-year On Site Service after Remote Diagnosis*
Optional: Optional Dell ProSupport and Dell ProSupport with Mission Critical offers premium support from expert technicians and 24x7 global availability and same day business response options for mission critical situations*.
- Dell Precision T1700 Mini Tower (MT)
365W 90% efficient (80 Plus® Gold Certified); 290W 65% efficient
Dell Precision T1700 Small Form Factor (SFF)
255W 90% efficient (80 Plus® Gold Certified); 255W 65% efficient
Powerful performanceWhether you’re building 2D or 3D models or multitasking with demanding applications, the Dell Precision T1700 Workstation can power through intensive tasks easily.
- Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 or 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors enable fast and stable processing.
- Choose Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8 Pro for easy productivity.
- Powerful graphics options include AMD FirePro™ or NVIDIA® Quadro® professional-grade discrete graphics. Integrated Intel® graphics are standard.
- Dell Precision Optimizer helps your professional software run at its peak performance automatically.
Built to be dependableThe Dell Precision T1700 has undergone extensive testing to ensure strong performance now and into the future.
- Optional Dell Data Protection | Security Tools and optional Dell Data Protection | Encryption help make Dell Precision T1700 a secure entry-level Workstation.
- Optional mirrored RAID provides redundancy and fast recovery in the event of a drive failure.
- Up to 32GB* of optional error-correcting code (ECC) memory corrects isolated soft-memory errors and provides a solid foundation for memory and system stability.
- Available self-encrypting drives (SEDs) can reduce security risks and unauthorized access to your data.
- Dell services, including Dell ProSupport,* can help you protect your hardware investment through a customizable suite of support options.
Smart design, now in two sizesThe Dell Precision T1700 is available in two sizes: a compact mini tower and one of the industry’s most compact small form factor (SFF) designs.
- The smallest Workstation in its class allows you to bring powerful performance to small spaces.
- Two front-mounted USB 3.0 ports enable fast data transfers and easy connectivity to your external media and accessories.
- ENERGY STAR 5.2 qualification makes the Dell Precision T1700 an energy-efficient part of your IT ecosystem.
- A conveniently placed handhold helps you deploy and position your Workstation with minimal hassle.
ISV certifiedThe Dell Precision T1700 is a true Workstation that’s compatible with leading independent software vendor (ISV)-certified applications for maximum uptime and productivity.
- An expanded set of ISV-certified applications ensures guaranteed software compatibility with your system and peak performance of your applications.
- Popular ISV-certified applications include AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Creo.
- Triple monitor support comes standard. Optional quad monitor support can enable even greater productivity.
Global services and support
Dell ProSupport*Professional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, helping protect your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing proactive support services designed to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|Speed of response||Protection||Premium proactive|
Specialized on-site options — Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for desktops include:
Dell Prosupport on-site Diagnosis
Keep your hard drive — Enables you to maintain control over your sensitive data by retaining a defective hard drive while receiving a replacement hard drive under the limited hardware warranty*.
Enterprise-wide contract — Provides advanced proactive capabilities through:
|Customization and setup|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Client migration and deployment
Dell Managed Deployment services are for customers who need a comprehensive, end -to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments, which require a single point of contact.
Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
Microsoft Windows Vista Assessment and Dell Deployment
Dell can help you assess your PC deployment process and recommend ways in which you can improve efficiency, reduce complexity and maximize the return on your IT investment.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.
Dell offers comprehensive training services, which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Our flexible approach allows you to tailor classes to the needs and busy schedules of your employees with instructor-led classrooms or virtual courses, and even self-directed online options. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity, and reduce end-user requests and downtime.
Follow us on Twitter
|Get exclusive Dell |
right to your
Subscribe Now ›
|Upgrade to Dell ProSupport|
Hardware and software support when you need it, where you need it.
Learn More ›