Ideas need great Workstations.
- Intel® XEON 18 (E5-2697)
- Intel® XEON_14 (E5-2697)
- Intel® XEON_12 (E5-2687W, E5-2690, E5-2650)
- Intel® XEON_10 (E5-2687W, E5-2630)
- Intel® XEON_8 (E5-1680, E5-1660)
- Intel® Xeon® 6-Core (E5-1650)
- Intel® Xeon® Quad Core (E5-1630, E5-1620, E5-1607, E5-1603)
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro.)
- Windows® 7 Professional 32 bit (English)
- Windows® 7 Professional 64 bit (English)
- Windows 8.1 Pro (64Bit) English
- Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English
- Windows 7 Professional English 64bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License)
- Windows 8.1 Pro English 64bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License)
- Windows 7 Professional English 64bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License, Microsoft Volume License Only
- Windows 7 Professional English 32bit (Includes Windows 10 Pro License, Microsoft Volume License Only
- Microsoft Embedded Windows 7 Professional 32 bit(For OEM sales team only)
- Microsoft Embedded Windows 7 Professional 64 bit(For OEM sales team only)
- Microsoft Embedded Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (Simplified Chinese)(For OEM sales team only)
- Microsoft Embedded Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit(For OEM sales team only)
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.0 English 1 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.0 English 3 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.0 English 5 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.2 English 1 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.2 English 3 Year RHN
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise 7.2 English 5 Year RHN
- Free Dos CD - Drop in the Box
- Ubuntu Linux 12.04
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04 SP1
- Intel® C612 chipset
- 4G 2133MHz DDR4 (1x4GB) RDIMM ECC
- 8G 2133MHz DDR4 (2x4GB) RDIMM ECC
- 16G 2133MHz DDR4 (4x4GB) RDIMM ECC
- 32G 2133MHz DDR4 (4x8GB) RDIMM ECC
- 32G 2133MHz DDR4 (8x4GB) RDIMM ECC
- 64G 2133MHz DDR4 (4x16GB) RDIMM ECC
- 64G 2133MHz DDR4 (8x8GB) RDIMM ECC
- 128G 2133MHz DDR4 (8x16GB) RDIMM ECC
- 128GB (4x32GB) 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 256GB (8x32GB) 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 192GB (4x16GB+4x32GB) 2133MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 32GB (4x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 64GB (8x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 256GB (8x32GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 192GB (4x16GB+4x32GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 128GB (4x32GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 64GB (4x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 128GB (8x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 16GB (4x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 32GB (8x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 8GB (2x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 4GB (1x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- 96GB (4x8GB+4x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 RDIMM ECC
- Support for two PCI Express® x16 Gen 2 or Gen 3 graphics cards up to 300W (total graphics in two slots with 685W PSU)
High end 3D cards:
NVIDIA® Quadro® K6000
NVIDIA® Quadro® K5200
Mid-range 3D cards:
AMD FirePro™ W7100 (coming soon)
AMD FirePro™ W5100
NVIDIA Quadro K4200
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Entry 3D cards:
AMD FirPro W4100
AMD FirePro W2100
NVIDIA Quadro K620
NVIDIA Quadro K420 (coming soon)
Professional 2D cards:
Professional 2D (not ISV certified)
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 510
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 315
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 310
- Slimline options: DVD-ROM; DVD+/-RW, Optional 5.25" device: DVD+/-RW; 19-in-1 media reader
- Mid-Tower Chassis - 16.30 x 6.79 x 18.54"; 414 x 172.6 x 471mm
1 USB 3.0
3 USB 2.0
1 USB 2.0
1 2x5 USB 2.0 header
4 SATA/SAS 6Gb/s
2 SATA 6GB/s for optical drives
3 USB 2.0
3 USB 3.0
1 RJ45 Intel Gigabit Ethernet
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 1.2); Intrusion switch; Setup/BIOS Password; I/O Interface Security; Kensington® lock slot, Padlock ring, lockable power supply; Dell Data Protection (DDP): DDP | Security Tools for authentication; DDP | Protected Workspace for malware; DDP | Encryption for data protection*
- 5 Slots (5 Full length, 1 Half length)
2 PCIe x16 Gen 3
1 PCIe x 16 Gen 3 wired x8 (Half length)
1 PCIe x4 Gen 2
1 PCIe x1 Gen 2
1 PCI 32bit/33MHz
- Energy Star® configurations available including 80 PLUS® registered Gold power supplies; EPEAT® registered (see www.epeat.net for specific registration rating/status by country); China CECP; GS Mark. For a complete listing of declarations & certifications, see Dell’s regulatory & compliance homepage at dell.com/regulatory_compliance.
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Featuring the latest Intel® Xeon® processor options: Power through the most demanding, interactive applications quickly with a new generation of single-socket performance with Intel® Xeon® processors..
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional (Includes Windows 10 Pro License)
Powerful graphics and memory: The latest NVIDIA® Quadro® and AMD FirePro™ graphics deliver the muscle you need to run the most demanding software applications. New Quadro and FirePro graphics offer larger dedicated graphics memory for your large data sets. System memory is expandable up to 256GB using the latest DDR4 ECC memory technology. Experience up to 26%* increased graphics performance with Solidworks and up to 34%* improvement with Maya. (*Internal SPECView perf 12.0.1 benchmark testing)
High-performance storage: Choose the actively cooled Dell Precision Ultra-Speed Drive Duo and Quad PCIe NVMe SSD storage solutions for the fastest and most reliable way to store your content, up to 4xfaster than traditional SATA SSD storage. If you prefer traditional storage options, choose the optional 12 Gb/s RAID controllers, doubling the I/O speed of our previous-generation Workstation.
- Dassault Systèmes including CATIA and SolidWorks
- Autodesk Product Design Suite including Inventor® and AutoCAD, 3D CAD and Revit®.
- Adobe Creative Cloud® including Premiere Pro CC and After Effects® CC
- PTC including PTC Creo and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0
- Siemens including Solid Edge, Tecnomatix and NX
- Schlumberger Petrel
To view the Dell Precision Optimizer spec sheet, click here.
Dell Client Command Suite: By building unique management capabilities into Precision Workstations, Dell Client Command Suite provides free automation tools that help automate and streamline system deployment, monitoring and updating in complex IT environments.
Best-in-class integration: Our automation tools work with all management consoles and integrate seamlessly with Microsoft Systems Center 2012, allowing 77% fewer steps to import drivers.
Access your Workstation from anywhere with Teradici PCoIP® Workstation Access Software. Without any additional hardware, you can completely manage your machine in a “lights out” environment, as if you were right there..
Use any Teradici PCoIP® enabled client device to remotely connect to your Workstation for maximum mobility without sacrificing performance or security. Quick to install and easy to maintain, Teradici PCoIP® uses the most secure remote display technology to provide unmatched user experience over networks. It also offers zero client compatibility and supports dual displays for maximum options for mobile professionals.
Optional PCIe SATA/SAS RAID controller: Reduce the time spent loading or saving large data sets with software- or hardware-based RAID controllers for your hard drive, available on all Precision Workstations.
Quick Resource Locator (QRL): Model-specific QR codes located on the system allow you to quickly access detailed how-tos and troubleshoot hardware from your smartphone.
DDP | Encryption protects your data across all endpoints, including external media, self-encrypting drives and in public cloud storage.*
DDP | Security Tools (DDP | ST) is an end-to-end security solution included with all Precision, Latitude and OptiPlex systems. DDP | ST offers advanced authentication options to help you keep unauthorized users out of your data and out of your business
DDP | Protected Workspace takes a new approach to malware prevention. It is designed to protect your data and users from all untrusted content — even advanced persistent threats (APTs) and zero-day exploits.
When you customize your system you will find these other support options, with ProSupport Plus offering the most complete support service:
ProSupport Plus, Dell’s most complete* support service for PCs and tablets*, is the only support service that can prevent issues before they occur. Dell’s SupportAssist will detect when a hard drive or battery is about to fail, automatically create a case for resolution and notify the customer that the new hardware is on its way. This end to end support service also includes 24x7 priority access to ProSupport engineers who provide help for hardware and software challenges, repair for devices that are accidentally damaged and the ability to keep a hard drive after replacement allowing you to ensure your data is stays secure.*When necessary, Dell will provide onsite* support to ensure repairs are done quickly and conveniently. ProSupport Plus provides all the support essentials that will reduce downtime automatically.
Accidents happen, and with Dell’s Accidental Damage Service* you can reduce the downtime. We’ll repair a laptop damaged by an electrical surge, liquid spill or drop.
*Measured by SPECviewperf 12.0.1 running Windows 7 64-bit Professional SP1 testing SolidWorks, comparing a Precision Tower 5810 with NVIDIA Quadro K620 graphics and a Precision T3500 with NVIDIA Quadro 600 graphics. Actual performance will vary based on configuration, usage and manufacturing variability.