24-port, 8Gb/s Fibre Channel switch
Small- to medium-sized enterprises seeking a 48-port switch that offers incredible value, flexible management capabilities and energy-efficient power savings.
Fibre Channel ports
- 24 ports, universal (E, F, M, FL or N)
- Full-fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- 6000 active nodes; single fabric up to 56 switches, 19 hops; larger fabrics certified as required.
- All Brocade switches
- 1.063 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex. Auto-sensing of 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec, and 8 Gbit/sec port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed. Speed-matching between 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec ports.
- Frame-based trunking with up to eight 8 Gbit/sec ports per ISL trunk with optional license; up to 68 Gbit/sec per ISL trunk (8 ports × 8.5 Gbit/sec [line rate])
- 408 Gbit/sec: 24 ports × 8.5 Gbit/sec (line rate) × 2 (full duplex)
- 700 nanoseconds with no contention, cut-through routing at 8 Gbit/sec
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- FL_Port, F_Port, E_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port), and self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); N_Port if using Access Gateway feature
Data Traffic Types
- Fabric switches supporting unicast, multicast (255 groups), and broadcast
- 4 Gbit/sec: Requires Brocade hot-pluggable,Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP), LC connector; 4 Gbit/sec Short-Wavelength Laser (SWL)
8 Gbit/sec: Requires Brocade hot-pluggable SFP+, LC connector; Short-Wavelength Laser (SWL); distance depends on fiber-optic cable; 8 Gbit/sec Extended Long-Wavelength Laser (ELWL).
- Simple Name Server (SNS); Registered State Change Notification (RSCN), NTP v3, Reliable Commit Service (RCS), Dynamic Path Selection (DPS), Brocade Advanced Zoning (default zoning, port/WWN zoning, broadcast zoning), NPIV, FDMI, Management Server, FSPF, Fabric Watch; ISL Trunking; Advanced Performance Monitoring, Adaptive Networking (per-data flow QoS, Ingress Rate Limiting, Traffic Isolation, fabric dynamics profiling, application “Top Talkers” report), Enhanced Group Management, Integrated Routing, IPFC
- Rack-mount rail kits (fixed, slide, mid-mount)
- Telnet®, HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Auditing, Syslog, Change, Management tracking; EZSwitchSetup wizard; Brocade Advanced Web Tools; Brocade EFCM Standard/Enterprise 9.x (optional); Brocade Fabric Manager (optional: FOS environments (only); SMI-S compliant, SMI-S scripting toolkit, Administrative Domains; trial licenses for select add on capabilities.
10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45), in-band over Fibre Channel; serial port (RJ-45); USB; call-home integration enabled through Brocade EFCM and Brocade Fabric Manager
- POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including RAS trace logging, environmental monitoring, non-disruptive daemon restart, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), port mirroring (SPAN port).
- Rack Size 1U
Width 42.88 cm (16.88 in)
Height 4.29 cm (1.69 in)
Depth 30.66 cm (12.07 in)
Weight 4.2 kg (9.3 lb) with single power supply, no SFP
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-Operating: -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10 to 85 percent non-condensing
Operating: Up to 3000 meters (9,842 feet)
Storage: Up to 12 kilometers (39,370 feet)
Operating: 20 g, 6 ms half-sine
Non-operating: Half sine, 33 g 11 ms, 3/eg Axis
Operating: 0.5 g sine, 0.4 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
Non-operating: 2.0 g sine, 1.1 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
High speed: 23 CFM (cu. ft./min)
Low speed: 18 CFM
- Maximum output
System power consumption
57 Watts max (with 24 ports at 8Gbit/sec), 48 Watts nominal
Nominal input voltage
100 to 240 VAC, Universal
Input line frequency
47 to 63 Hz
Minimum input voltage
Maximum input voltage
BTU rating (80% efficiency)
21.5 Amps @ 240Vac
- The 300 complies with the following safety certifications:
United States Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ANSI C63.4
Canada Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ICES-003 Class A
Japan CISPR22 and JEIDA (Harmonics)
European Community EN60950-1 or latest EN55022 and EN55024
Australia/New Zealand -- EN55022 or CISPR22 or AS/NZS CISPR22
Argentina IEC60950-1 or latest
Russian Federation IEC60950-1 or latest 51318.22-99 and 51318.24.99 or latest
Korea KN22 and KN24
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
HighlightsBrocade 300 — 24-Port, 8-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switches for entry and midrange Enterprise SANs
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
• Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with a total bandwidth of 408 Gbit/sec in 1U
• Designed to increase network performance with enhanced Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, which
allows up to eight ports (at 2-, 4-, or 8-Gbit/sec speeds) between a pair of switches to be combined to form a
single, logical ISL with a speed up to 64 Gbit/sec
• Utilizes extended distance support to enable native Fibre Channel extension greater than 590 km
• Combines up to 24 ports of industry-leading 8-Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 8 to
16 to 24 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability
• Helps protect existing investments by providing 8-Gbit/sec technology with auto-sensing capabilities to also
recognize 1-, 2- and 4-Gbit/sec devices
• Designed to future-proof investments by allowing organizations to use 4-Gbit/sec Small Form-Factor
Pluggables (SFPs) today and upgrade to 8-Gbit/sec SFPs when required
Simple Deployment and Management
• Utilizes the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, which can make SAN configuration a simple 3-step point-and-click task
• Includes a USB port that can increase serviceability and error logging by facilitating firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
• Features an easy-to-use, non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform that is designed to eliminate time wasted on managing ports and cables
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Offers dual functionality as a full fabric FC SAN switch or as a Brocade Access Gateway, providing seamless connectivity into any vendor SAN environment
- Designed to provide a greater than 40 percent power efficiency improvement (Watts/Gbit) over the previous generation of Brocade switches — further reducing power consumption and the overall cooling burden in a data center
AssessmentsNetwork assessments offer a holistic view of your multivendor environment and a reference point for how your infrastructure is performing. Our experts can pinpoint and expose issues in your network using specialized software and diagnostic tools. These unbiased and insightful analytics are aggregated into comprehensive reports that can include recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and remediate problems.
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed audit and inventory of all multivendor devices in the network to provide visibility and identify configuration issues.
Network Optimization Assessment
Many networks are a multivendor patchwork of devices not running at their optimal state. We can analyze devices from all leading vendors and make recommendations to optimize the entire multivendor design, fine-tune devices and maximize performance of the holistic environment.
Application Performance Assessment
When business applications and databases begin to show signs of latency or completely shut down, we can conduct a comprehensive analysis to uncover performance issues, isolate problems and accelerate troubleshooting of the enterprise infrastructure and software applications.
Moving to a Voice-over-IP (VoIP) solution requires the right network infrastructure to support real-time voice protocols. Simulated load testing, analysis and review can identify the next steps to building a VoIP platform or fixing issues of an existing one.
Network Security Assessment
Safeguard your network from constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover potential vulnerabilities and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
Wireless Site Survey
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze existing infrastructure, identify RF interference and recommend the best design and optimal placement of new devices.
DeploymentThe Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that setup and optimization are done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business.
Expert planning and execution seamlessly weaves Dell’s open systems architecture with existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper and others. Choose ProDeploy Plus, the most complete deployment offer on the market for complex environments.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network engineers can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or on-site and get new technology up and running fast .
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Get worry-free hardware installations with experienced Dell technicians who do deployments every day .
Support and EducationDell offers a variety of on-site and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|On-site and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
ConsultingDell network consulting provides on-site or remote access to highly skilled professionals who provide project assistance and guidance across a variety of technologies for a specific project or timeframe.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues that can be billed by the day, week or by the phone call. Time-based consulting is as flexible as you are.
Available Remote Consulting Services
- Access Distribution Networking
- Gateway and Security
- Microsoft Exchange
- Wireless Networking
- Systems Management
- Core Layer/MPLS Networking
- Data Protection and Recovery
- Storage Area Networking (SAN)
- Storage Technologies