Making Room for Energy Efficiency
This product is currently unavailable. Please find our recommendation for a comparable system below.
OptiPlex Means BusinessThe OptiPlex 160 Tiny Desktop delivers essential performance and web access without all the added complexity and cost:
- Designed for basic computing environments, the OptiPlex 160 features the new Intel® Atom™ Processors
- Up to a 18-month lifecycle, stable images, and managed transitions
- Delivers Dell Client Manager enablement for remote inventory, diagnosis, and system hardware management
OptiPlex is Easy To OwnThe OptiPlex 160 Tiny Desktop is designed and built to meet challenging space and energy consumption requirements:
- Integrated 87% efficient power supply* and optional mounting options make the OptiPlex 160 an easy choice when it comes to maximizing desktop real estate
- Dell exclusive DirectDetect troubleshooting LEDs help result in reduced maintenance and service costs
- Adds predictability to the IT management process with a minimum 90-day transition period between product transitions
- Customizable Global service and support through Dell ProSupport services*
- Solid state drive technology for increased reliability and data protection
OptiPlex Is SecureThe OptiPlex 160 provides basic security offerings to help protect your critical data:
- System and BIOS passwords to help prevent unauthorized access
- Chassis loop lock slot provides physical system protection
- Protects against unauthorized access to your critical data with optional smart card reader
- Dell ProSupport services* help reduce risk and protect your sensitive data with Hard Drive Data Recovery and Certified Data Destruction
- Cable Security Kit enhances security over peripherals
OptiPlex Gets GreenDell is committed to being the greenest PC company on the planet, and the OptiPlex 160 delivers smart energy choices:
- Low voltage Intel Atom Processors benefit from a new 45nm low-power micro-architecture process that makes the processor energy-efficient and provides excellent single application productivity
- Helps reduce power consumption - and cost - with Dell's integrated power supply, which is up to 87% efficient
- Designed to meet Energy Star 5.0 and EPEAT-Gold designation with select configurations
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet (Broadcom LOM); Optional Dell Wireless 1397 802.11BG Half Mini-PCIe card
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Tiny Desktop:
Number of Bays: None
Optional external DVD-ROM drive
Optional Mounting Brackets:
Dell Wall/Under-desk Mount, Dell Monitor Mount
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services (up to 3 year subscription)
Chassis lock slot support, Cable Security Kit, Setup/BIOS Password, USB Select, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card readers
- Dell Client Manager Standard: A no-charge systems management console; allows you to deploy, manage and troubleshoot Dell client systems across your entire organization. Optional upgrades to Dell Client Manager Plus or the Management Suite for Dell Clients.
REL OptiPlex and Precision desktops/workstations
Dell ProSupport – Designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical 4-Hour Onsite Service with 6 -hour hardware repair – Priority onsite service to get you back up and running fast|
Specialized Onsite Options - Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for desktops include:
|Enterprise-Wide Contract – Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through: |
Don’t have an IT staff?
Dell ProSupport for End-Users is designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. End-users receive 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support plus “how-to” support on popular software applications such as Trend Micro AntiVirus, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Small Business Server, Intuit QuickBooks, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat. To purchase Dell ProSupport for End-Users, please contact your Dell Sales Representative.
|Customization and Set-Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of accountability.
Hardware Customization (CFI)
Dell offers hardware customization services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Intel® AMT and Intel® vPro™ Support For Intel® AMT and Intel® vPro™ customers, new deployment service options such as unique password pre-population; pre-configured management settings; and no-touch deployment can help ease deployment concerns while saving time and money.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive; select boot order; change BIOS settings; and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.