Making room for energy efficiency
Ensuring data and device security regardless of location while managing data and applications consistently across the enterprise.
This product is currently unavailable. Please find our recommendation for a comparable system below.
OptiPlex Means BusinessThe OptiPlex FX160 delivers essential performance and flexibility to help keep your business running:
- Planning support with up to 36 month lifecycle, stable images, and managed transitions
- Configure the OptiPlex FX160 to support either a Virtual Remote Desktop thin client environment or a On-Demand Desktop Streaming environment
OptiPlex SecurityOptiPlex FX160 ensures data and system security independent of location to help protect your critical data:
- Data is centrally located in the data center which reduces data security risks from user theft or mismanagement and alleviates business continuity concerns such as distributed data and or data loss
- Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows XP Embedded defends against hackers and worms, Trojan horses, viruses, and other malicious code attack
- Protect access to your critical data with optional Smart Card keyboards
- Security lock slot provides physical system protection for Kensington-style locks (sold separately)
- Optional Cable Security Kit, made of hardened steel, is designed to secure commonly-used keyboard, mouse, and other PS2 or USB devices from theft
OptiPlex Is Easy to OwnThe OptiPlex FX160 is engineered for scalability to meet your changing needs:
- Designed for single-application workloads, the OptiPlex FX160 features new Intel® Atom™ processors.
- Scalable Dell Flash storage (NVRAM) options are available for flexible, high-end thin-client usage models.
- Altiris™ Deployment Solution is available on select models with embedded operating systems and offers IT managers an easy way to deploy images to the OptiPlex FX160.
- Select client licensing are enabled and included with each OptiPlex FX160 purchase.
- Desk-side deployments are made less painful with Dell USB-image transfer utility.
- Centralized image management simplifies complexities around client deployments with plug-and-play installations with Dell Client Manager on select ODDS models.
- Integrated power supply and optional mounting options make the OptiPlex FX160 an easy choice when it comes to maximizing your desktop real estate.
OptiPlex Delivers Smart Energy ChoicesDell is committed to being the greenest PC company on the planet, and the OptiPlex FX160 delivers, smart energy choices.
- Intel Atom processors benefit from new 45 nm low-power micro-architecture process — which makes the processor energy-efficient — and provide excellent single application productivity.
- Help reduce power consumption — and cost — with Dell integrated power supply, which is up to 87 percent efficient.
- The OptiPlex FX160 is designed to meet ENERGY STAR and EPEAT-Gold certifications with select hard drive configurations.
- Removable Media Storage Devices: Optional external DVD-ROM drive
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet (Broadcom LOM)
Dell Wireless: 1397 802.11bg
Ports, Slots & Chassis
I/O Ports: 6 USB 2.0, 1 RJ-45, 2 PS2, 1 VGA, 1 DVI-D, 1 serial, Line-in (stereo/microphone), Line-out (headphone/speaker)
Number of Bays
Weight: 4.0-4.6 lbs. / 1.81-2.09 kg
Height inches/centimeters: 9.02"/22.9 cm without stand, 10.6"/26.9 cm with stand
Width inches/centimeters: 2.13"/5.4 cm with side cover, 1.85"/4.7 cm without side cover
Depth inches/centimeters: 8.86"/22.5 cm without antenna, 9.92"/25.2 cm with
Chassis Volume liters: 2.4lL without stand and side cover, 3.3L with stand and side cover
Optional Mounting Brackets
Dell Wall/Under-desk Mount, Dell Monitor Mount
Flat Panel Analog:
Dell 17" E178FP Flat Panel; Dell 19" E198FP Flat Panel
Widescreen Flat Panel Analog:
Dell 17" E178WFP Widescreen Flat Panel; Dell 19" E198WFP Widescreen Flat Panel; Dell 19" E1909W Widescreen Flat Panel, Analog; Dell 20" E207WFP Widescreen Flat Panel; Dell 20" E2009W Widescreen Flat Panel, Analog; Dell 22" E228WFP Widescreen Flat Panel; Dell 22" E2209W Widescreen Flat Panel, Analog; Dell 24" E248WFP Widescreen Flat Panel, Dell 24" E2409W Widescreen Flat Panel, Analog
UltraSharp Digital Flat Panel, Adjustable Stand, VGA/DVI:
Dell 17" UltraSharpTM 1708FP Flat Panel; Dell 19" UltraSharpTM 1908FP Flat Panel
UltraSharp Digital Widescreen Flat Panel, Adjustable Stand, VGA/DVI:
Dell 17" UltraSharpTM 1708FPW Widescreen; Dell 19" UltraSharpTM 1908FPW Widescreen; Dell 20" UltraSharpTM 2009FPW Widescreen; Dell 22" UltraSharpTM 2209FPW Widescreen; Dell 24" UltraSharpTM 2408FPW Widescreen; Dell 27" UltraSharpTM 2709FPW Widescreen
DirectDrive (DisplayPort only): N/A
N/A (Optional mounting kit includes mounting bracket for install of OptiPlex FX160 on the back of select Dell flat panels, assembly required)
Dell Entry keyboard; Dell USB QuietKey keyboard; Dell Multimedia Pro keyboard; Smart Card Reader USB keyboard
Dell Optical USB Mouse with scroll, Dell Laser Mouse
Dell AX210 (USB powered) Speakers, AX510 and Dell A510/AX510PA Flat Panel Sound Bar
- Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security (up to 3 year subscription)
Chassis loop lock support (cable locks sold separately); Cable Security Kit is optional and requires a Kensington type lock to secure your peripherals, Setup/BIOS Password, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card reader keyboard
- Software Management Options: Altiris® Deployment Solution (select models); Dell Client Manager on select models with hard drive (not available with embedded OS)
CECP, ENERGY STAR 4.0 and possibly 5.0 during its life, WEEE, EPEAT GOLD, Japan Energy Law, CES, Japan Green PC, FEMP, South Korea Eco-label, EU RoHS, China RoHS
Dell Energy Smart settings, Carbon Off-set programs (Plant-A-Tree, Plant-A-Forest), System Recycle (Asset Recovery Service)
Regulatory Model: DC01T
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
- Integrated 50W 87% Efficient Power Supply, ENERGY STAR 4.0 compliant Wide-Ranging Active PFC
- Limited Hardware Warranty; 3 Year ProSupport for IT is standard for ODDS models. 3 year Next Business Day On Site Service after Remote Diagnosis is standard on the FX160 with embedded operating systems; 4 year and 5 year (Optional)
REL OptiPlex and Precision desktops/workstations
Dell ProSupport – Designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical 4-Hour Onsite Service* with 6 -hour hardware repair – Priority onsite service to get you back up and running fast|
Specialized Onsite Options - Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for desktops include:
|Enterprise-Wide Contract – Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through: |
Don’t have an IT staff?
Dell ProSupport for End-Users is designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. End-users receive 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support plus “how-to” support on popular software applications such as Norton AntiVirus, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Small Business Server, Intuit QuickBooks, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat. To purchase Dell ProSupport for End-Users, please contact your Dell Sales Representative.
|Customization and Set-Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of accountability.
Custom Factory Integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Intel® AMT and Intel® vPro™ Support For Intel® AMT and Intel® vPro™ customers, new deployment service options such as unique password pre-population; pre-configured management settings; and no-touch deployment can help ease deployment concerns while saving time and money.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive; select boot order; change BIOS settings; and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.