4Gb/s performance with high availability
Organisations deploying Dell/EMC CX3 array-based SANs who desire future-proofing for a 4Gb/s infrastructure and fast inter-switch linking.
HighlightsThe Brocade 5000 is a 32-port, 4-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switch for midrange and enterprise SANs.
Fast, Reliable 4-Gbit/sec Performance
- Up to 256 Gbit/sec of aggregated throughput
- Up to 32 ports capable of 4-Gbit/sec full-duplex performance at distances up to 100 km (500 km at 1 Gbit/sec)
- Up to 32-Gbit/sec throughput with Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking
- Exchange-based dynamic path selection for load balancing between trunk groups
- Fabric Shortest Path First (FSPF) traffic rerouting
- Nondisruptive software upgrades (hot code load and activation)
- Redundant, hot-swappable components, fans and power supplies
Simplified Deployment and Management
- Hardware-enforced zoning by World Wide Name (WWN)
- Brocade WEB TOOLS utilization over a secure browser using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Full forward and backward compatibility for changing SAN environments
- Integration with heterogeneous environments: Windows, Windows NT, UNIX, AIX, Linux and Solaris
Enterprise Support Services
Dell™ offers a broad portfolio of services designed to help organizations optimize their use of Dell/EMC® technology, deploy systems rapidly and attain the highest possible levels of system uptime. With the Dell/EMC partnership, customers can benefit from the synergy of Dell's award-winning server services now enhanced with EMC's best practice methodologies, tools and customer training for storage systems.
Note: The following services are required to ensure the best possible customer experience. Hardware installation and Gold-level support are included in the hardware systems price. Implementation is also a mandatory service.
Consulting and Deployment Services (Required)
- Presales Design and Site Readiness Assessment (Gratis)
- Hardware Installation — On-site installation of Dell/EMC systems, rack mounting of systems, connection to power sources and power-on of devices.
- Implementation — System planning, design documentation, select software installation, configuration of switches, cabling, host connectivity, creation of storage groups, product orientation session and extensive custom options.
Standard Support Services for Dell/EMC Systems (Required)
Dell Gold-Level Enterprise Support Service for Dell/EMC Storage features the following:
- 7x24 high-level engineer to engineer support with direct access to Gold Queue
- Technical Account Management Team
- 7x24 4-hour On-site Support
- Remote Software and Storage Support — Unlimited Resolutions
- Storage System Remote Monitoring
- Prefailure Alert Program
- Seamless support between Dell and key 3rd-party providers
- Change notification/Software Subscription
- Dell/EMC support
- Customer training
- Backup and recovery design and implementation
- Cluster implementation for Microsoft® Exchange and SQL Server®
- SnapView and MirrorView installation and configuration
- On-site troubleshooting
- On-site engineers
- On-site parts
- Platinum-level support