Fibre Channel ports
- 24 ports available in five port increments through Ports on Demand Licensing at 12, and 32 universal ports(E, F, and FL)
- Full fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- 50 switches. Larger fabrics may be certified as required.
- All Brocade switches and Directors
- 1.063 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbit/sec full duplex; 8.50 Gbit/sec full duplex; Auto-sensing of 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec and 8 Gbit/sec port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed; Speed matching between 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec, and 8Gbit/sec ports
- Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking allows up to four ports between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single, logical ISL with an aggregate speed of up to 32 Gbit/sec for optimal bandwidth utilization and load balancing.
- 128 Gbit/sec end to end
- 1.2 µsec with no contention, cut-through routing at 4 Gbit/sec. Latency increases as input port speed increases and becomes disparate from out put port speed.
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- FL_Port, F_Port, N_Port, and E_Port; self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port)
Data Traffic Types
- Fabric switches supporting unicast and broadcast
- Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) laser. Short-wave up to 500 m (1,640 ft), and Long-wavelength up to 10km
- Simple Name Server, Registered State Change Notification (RSCN). Optional fabric services include: Brocade Advanced Zoning; Brocade Fabric Watch; Brocade ISL Trunking; Brocade Advanced Performance Monitoring; Brocade Web Tools.
- SFP media, Ports on Demand, Advanced Fabric Services
- Management software supported
Telnet; SNMP (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Brocade Advanced Web Tools with Ease of Use and Ease of Setup; Brocade Advanced Zoning; Brocade Fabric Manager (optional)
10/100 Ethernet port (RJ-45); Internal Serial port (RS-232); In-band via Management Server
- POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics
Width: 272.75 mm
Height: 32.48 mm
Depth: 307.24 mm
Weight: 4.65 Pounds— without media
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-Operating: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10% to 90%, non-condensing at 29°C
Non-Operating: 5% to 95%, non-condensing at 38°C
Operating: Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft)
Storage: Up to 10.668km (35,000ft)
Operating: 20G for 6ms
Non-operating: 50G with a velocity change of 4216 mm/sec squared
Operating: 0.4G at 5 Hz to 500 Hz for 60 minutes
Non-operating: 0.5G at 2 Hz to 200 Hz for 15 minutes; 1.04 GRMS Random for 15 minutes
- DC Input 12V and 3.3V from chassis
Power consumption About 32 Watts
- The M5424 complies with the following safety certifications:
United States Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ANSI C63.4
Canada Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ICES-003 Class A
Japan CISPR22 and JEIDA (Harmonics)
European Community EN60950-1 or latest EN55022 and EN55024
Australia/New Zealand -- EN55022 or CISPR22 or AS/NZS CISPR22
Argentina IEC60950-1 or latest
Russian Federation IEC60950-1 or latest 51318.22-99 and 51318.24.99 or latest
Korea KN22 and KN24
HighlightsThe Brocade® M5424 switch and the Dell™ PowerEdge™ M1000e blade enclosure provide robust solutions for Fibre Channel SAN deployments. Not only does this offering help simplify and reduce the amount of SAN hardware components required for a deployment, but it also maintains the scalability, performance, interoperability and management of traditional SAN environments.
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
- Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with an aggregate bandwidth of 128 Gbit/sec end-to-end
- Optional adaptive networking services, including adaptive fabric quality of service, traffic isolation and ingress rate limiting, enabling organizations to maintain optimized application performance in virtual environments
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Easily integrate Fibre Channel (FC) technology into new or existing Storage Area Network (SAN) environments using the PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure, Brocade® M5424 and Dell/EMC storage.
- New platform combines with Brocade® 8Gb edge switches from Dell to extends the next generation dynamic Data Center Fabric features of Brocade® backbone DCX architecture to the Dell PowerEdge M1000e Chassis.