Dell EMC VMware vSAN Ready Nodes
VMware vSAN software-defined storage on PowerEdge Servers.
Hyper-converged infrastructure for VMware vSANMaximize choice, reduce project risk and lower total cost of ownership of your software defined storage with Dell VMware vSAN Ready Nodes. These validated configurations:
- Combine a wide range of Dell hardware with VMware vSAN software into a ready-to-order package
- Speed your time-to-value
- Allow you to create the perfect configuration for your workloads
Options for vSAN based solutionsCustomers looking for vSAN based solutions for their data center and client virtualization needs can consider the following options:
- Dell EMC Ready Bundle for Virtualization —pre-validated and flexibly sized solution, with a choice of building blocks of compute, storage (both traditional SAN and software defined storage) and networking—optimized to support VMware® vSphere™ virtualized environments.
- Dell EMC vSAN Ready Nodes (with BOSS or SD card boot option)—for customers who want the simplicity of using nodes validated for vSAN, but have unique requirements, standards, or processes for configuration and installation that they prefer.
- Dell EMC VxRail—fully integrated, preconfigured, and tested hyper-converged infrastructure appliance that simplifies and extends VMware environments
Choose the right configuration for your workloadNot all workloads have the same requirements, so you need configuration choice to get the right solution. Dell provides a variety of ready-to-order platform options and select factory-installed configurations, such as:
- Value-optimized configuration for smaller projects and fine-grained scalability
- Storage-dense configuration for maximizing storage capacity increments
- Compute-dense configuration for more compute-intensive workloads
Some configurations include available GPU support for your graphics-intensive virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) projects.
Lower your total cost of ownershipDell VMware vSAN Ready Nodes drive lower capital costs and decreased operational costs resulting in lower TCO. Capital expenditures are minimized because you have the flexibility to spend less up-front and scale only if necessary. Administrative overhead is reduced with fewer interfaces, fewer steps to complete tasks and reduced need for specialized knowledge.
- Start small and grow only when needed with a scale out architecture
- Streamline management and operations with hyper-converged infrastructure
- Simplify administration with integrated hardware and software management