Redefine office IT.
PowerEdge VRTX modular infrastructure platform integrates servers, storage, networking and management together in a single compact chassis.
- PowerEdge VRTX Rack Configuration for 2.5 inch Hard Drives (max 25)
- Poweredge VRTX 2.5 HD HotPlug Backplane with Dual Controller in Redundant Mode
- ProSupport Plus: 7 Year Mission Critical 2 hr Onsite Service
- DVD+/-RW, SATA, Internal
- Up to 12 x 3.5in NLSAS, SAS, or SAS SSD hot-plug drives or
Up to 25 x 2.5in NLSAS, SAS, or SAS SSD hot-plug drives
Optional FIPS 140-2 certified self-encrypting drives (SED), up to 25 x 2.5 NLSAS, SAS or SAS SSD
Integrated Ethernet Switch
- Internal 1GbE 8-port pass-through module
- Internal 1GbE 24-port switch
- Internal 10GbE switch
- Form factors:
Tower or 5U rack enclosure
48.4cm (19.1in) H with system feet x 31.0cm (12.2in) W with system feet opened x 73.0cm (28.7in) D
Weight (empty) = 31.7kg (69.7lb)
Weight (maximum) = 74.8kg (164.9lb)
21.9cm (8.6in) H x 48.2cm (19.0in) W x 73.0cm (28.7in) D
Weight (empty) = 24.7kg (54.5lb)
Weight (maximum) = 68.7kg (151.5lb)
Server node options
PowerEdge M630 and M830 server nodes
- Redundant power supply units:
100V-240V auto-sensing redundant power supplies support 2+2 (AC redundancy), and 3+1 and 2+1 (power supply redundancy) modes
VRTX comes standard with six hot-pluggable, redundant fan modules and four blower modules:
Based on Dell Energy Smart Technologies, VRTX fans and blowers are a breakthrough in power and cooling efficiency. Fans and blowers deliver low-power consumption and use next-generation fan technologies to ensure the lowest possible amount of fresh air is consumed to cool the enclosure.
- Single shared PERC8 with optional second redundant shared PERC8 available
- ReadyRails™ II sliding rails for 4-post racks with square, round, or threaded holes
I/O Expansion Slots
- 8 flexible PCIe slots:
- 3 full-height/full-length slots (150W) with double-wide card support (225W)
- 5 low-profile/half-length slots (25W)
- Delivers comprehensive functionality yet simple and easy to use:
- Uses Chassis Management Controller (CMC) to manage all resources (server nodes, storage,networking, and power) with a unified management tool, presented in a single console
- Monitors up to nine VRTX chassis from a single, consolidated CMC console
- Offers both Local and Remote management
- Is available with either Enterprise or Express CMC licensing for CMC
- Redundant Chassis Management Controller is available
- Server nodes each contain proven iDRAC7 with Lifecycle Controller for agent-free systems
- management that are fully supported within the OpenManage product portfolio
Enhanced capabilities for PowerEdge VRTX
Key features introduce even more functionality with enhanced versatility and improved efficiency, including:
- Additional server node choices: Drive Tier 1, back-end workloads with 4-socket, full height M830 server nodes featuring huge memory capacity, wide network bandwidth and low-latency Express Flash storage.
- New next-level data protection inside the chassis: Optional redundant PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC) provides high-availability RAID controller failover inside the chassis. Now available with FIPS-certified self-encrypting drives (SED) to avoid data loss and physical security breaches.
- Enhanced system management: Continued feature set parity between the Chassis Management Controller (CMC) in the data center and the CMC on VRTX ensures system management consistency and simplicity.
- Expanded resources for VDI: Support for optional general-purpose computing on graphics processor units (GPGPU) enables virtual desktop infrastructure in remote office/branch office environments.
- JBOD expansion: chassis storage can be expanded even further by connecting up to four MD1200 (12 x 3.5″ drive) or MD1220 (24 x 2.5″ drive) disk arrays in redundant or capacity based configurations.
No compromise on performanceEmploying the latest PowerEdge technology and high-availability features, VRTX can help you gain fast application response times, run multiple applications that need performance or low latency, power through peak processing periods and scale for future business growth.
Performance and availability features include:
- Up to four hot-plug PowerEdge server nodes with flexible configurations that can mix and match 4-socket M830 and 2-socket M630 blade options to meet your specific needs
- Support for future-generation PowerEdge M-Series blades
- Dual SD cards for redundant hypervisors
- Hot-plug and swappable HDDs
- Many RAID options tailored to specific needs, including optional PERC for RAID controller failover inside the chassis
- Optional hot-plug and swappable power supply units and fans
Versatile shared storageAll server nodes have access to the low-latency internal shared storage, which is essential for clustering and virtualization, including vMotion. This also helps enable efficient processing through peak periods and can improve server-use flexibility.
- Each server node to see the storage as its own singular storage pool
- Assigning virtual disks to single server nodes or across server nodes
- Live migration of virtual machines within the VRTX chassis without the expense of cabling, powering and managing a SAN
- Choice of up to 12 x 3.5" HDDs/SSDs (120TB* max.) to scale for capacity or up to 25 x 2.5" HDDs/SSDs (96TB max.) to scale for performance with optional 2.5” self-encrypting drives (SED)
- External JBOD connectivity with up to four MD1200 (12 x 3.5″ drive) or MD1220 (24 x 2.5″ drive) disk arrays in redundant or capacity based configurations
Integrated networking and flexible I/O
- 1GbE internal switch module
- Optional Pass-Thru Modules
- Optional 10GbE switch and optional dual port or quad port 10GbE NIC on each server node
- Three full-height/full-length slots that support graphics processing units (GPUs)
- Five small form factor (SFF) low-profile/half-length slots
Simple, efficient and versatile systems management
VRTX systems management is integrated with major third-party management tools, protecting your installed investments and allowing you to use what you already know. This allows you to:
- Avoid the time and cost of training on new management solutions
- Deepen and extend management capabilities beyond the chassis to, for example, hypervisor management
- Install VRTX into infrastructures already managed by OpenManage or third-party management solutions, such as Microsoft® System Center and VMware vCenter™