Protect continuously, move anywhere, recover everything.
Protect both data and applications continuously, move across virtual, physical and cloud environments and recover everything with AppAssure.
- Subtotal $0.00
AppAssure first revolutionized data protection by unifying backup, replication and recovery in one software solution. Designed for virtual, physical and cloud environments, AppAssure’s continual data and application backups, daily data integrity, validation and flexible recovery options provide customers with unparalleled data protection. And now you can protect Linux servers too - all with the same AppAssure 5 product.
AppAssure 5 extends its core protection capabilities to address the challenges of today’s larger and more complex data environments. Specifically:
- AppAssure’s new scalable architecture for data protection backs up and manages growing data quickly and efficiently to deliver RTOs (recovery time objectives) and RPOs (Recovery point objectives) of mere minutes.
- Global deduplication and compression technology reduces backup time and minimizes storage footprint.
- New AppAssure agent for Linux along with several enhancements designed to simplify management, speed deployments and increase the feature set (see AppAssure 5 datasheet for details).
Reduce downtime and cut RTOs from hours to minutes or seconds with AppAssure. It offers:
- Flexible recovery: choose local, offsite or disaster recovery. Recover to a virtual or physical machine. Restore at any level: single file, message or data object, or restore a complete machine.
- Fast, small or large-scale recovery: Recover anywhere, to any machine. Choose local or off-site recoveries to any available machines, even to dissimilar hardware.
- Reduce data loss: After a disaster, quickly recover from up to 288 daily incremental backups for nearly unlimited RPO granularity.
- Deduplicate for efficiency: AppAssure integrated deduplication and file compression cuts storage requirements by up to 80 percent.
- Access to global software support: Dell ProSupport™ provides access to backup and recovery experts available around the clock and around the globe, ensuring your systems are backed up and running quickly.
- Access to remote installation services: Dell Remote Installation Services include installation and configuration options for customers that require assistance deploying AppAssure software.
AppAssure allows you to protect both physical and virtual systems running either Windows or Linux from a single console:
- Virtual backup and recovery: AppAssure software for virtual server backup and disaster recovery simplifies recoveries across most popular hypervisors including VMware® vSphere, ESX/ESXi, Microsoft® Hyper-V™ and Citrix XenServer.
- Physical backup and recovery: Protect your physical business-critical and legacy systems with block-level file and email or system-level backup and recovery capabilities for Microsoft® Exchange Server, MS SQL Server®, MS SharePoint® and other platforms.
Three ground-breaking technologies form the foundation of AppAssure application protection of Windows environments:
- Live Recovery™: Helps meet SLA objectives and significantly reduce the risk of data loss. Achieve near instant return to operations with a recovery time objective of seconds and a recovery point objective (RPO) of minutes).
- Recovery Assure™: Ensures that your backup file is completely recoverable with AppAssure’s automated recovery verification technology.
- Universal Recovery™: Enables cross-platform restoration of a file, object or complete system to any virtual machine or dissimilar hardware.
|Cloud services and industry-specific solutions|
|If you store data in the cloud or have backup and recovery needs that are specific to an industry, AppAssure can deliver a dependable solution tailored to your needs.|
Cloud backup and replication
Online Exchange backup
Automotive Products and Technologies Company EFG Switches to Dell AppAssure Backup
EFG Companies is a leader in the automotive retail services industry, which develops premier products and solutions for dealers. Network/System/Windows Administrator John Grimes is responsible for making sure that EFG’s data is kept well-protected.
For years, Grimes had to come in every morning to see if the nightly backups were working. “For 45 minutes every morning, I’d be checking emails and seeing whether the backups worked or not,” says Grimes. “Because of this, I was getting further behind with my other work. I kept thinking, this is not how backups are supposed to work.”
Grimes and his team too often found themselves in situations where they needed deleted information quickly, and when they tried to get the data, they couldn’t because a backup tape was corrupted.
“We tested several different backup systems to find out which provided us the fastest backups, the easiest recovery, and the best utilization of backup resources,” Grimes says. “Dell AppAssure’s software nailed all three. This is one of the easiest products I’ve used. Seriously – it’s that good.”
Starbucks Preferred Food Provider Switches to Dell AppAssure
Diana’s Bakery is a large food manufacturer based in Connecticut for such big names like Starbucks, Stop & Shop, Aramark, and Sodexho. Diana’s substantial growth has been a huge challenge for Christopher Brescia, Diana’s Bakery IT Manager. With his existing NT Backup application, Brescia had no visibility into whether the backup jobs were working, whether they were failing, or even whether the data it was backing up was any good. Without verifiable backups, much less a comprehensive disaster recovery plan, Diana’s Bakery was vulnerable. Then came the storm that wiped out power.
Brescia spent 36 hours straight trying to rebuild just one of the company’s mission critical servers — an Exchange server — only to find out that in the end it was so corrupt that the last good backup snapshot he could find was three months old. As a result he began evaluating backup and disaster recovery solutions from a host of providers. When he sat on a Dell AppAssure demo, he realized he could replicate a server and place it on standby in case something happened.
Diana’s had all of its servers connected to a Dell AppAssure backup core processor just before another storm hit. This time, leveraging Dell AppAssure’s “Export to VM” feature, Brescia exported the backed-up server to a VM on a secondary ESXi host (a different architecture altogether), got the system live in under 10 minutes and restored the full Exchange Database in under an hour. “Everything is quick and easy on this front now,” says Brescia. “Even when a huge, critical file with production history on it got corrupted I just went in, found the last good snap copy of the file and restored it, all in under 5 minutes.”
Food Distributor Mitigates Million-Dollar Risks by Switching to Dell AppAssure
When Chris Pechtold was first approached about taking on the first Director of Technology position at Imler’s Poultry, he sat down with the company partners to get a full understanding of the IT challenges facing the company, which distributes 4,000 food products, shipping a million pounds a day to seven states and to Washington, DC. At that time, Imler’s Poultry was outsourcing their IT, dependent on a homegrown backup solution that included making sure a 1TB USB drive was taken off-site every night. With one day of transactions representing two or three million dollars in revenue, and because the partners knew they were facing the same risk, so Pechtold was brought on board to bring the company’s IT to a strong level.
He started by doing a comprehensive evaluation of everything. “As a Microsoft Great Plains environment, we rely heavily on our SQL transactions, Pechtold says. “This database gets hundreds of updates per hour as the entire sales staff updates orders. We needed continuous protection for the literally hundreds of hourly data changes. I needed to know where this information was. Finally, we have multiple warehouses. We needed to be able to replicate offsite in order to recover in case of a disaster.”
It took Pechtold and the company only one sales cycle, including a free trial of Dell AppAssure’s superior backup and disaster recovery software, to realize they’d found what they needed. “For us, the frequency of the image snapshots and the ability to quickly restore to virtual to meet operational demands are two of Dell AppAssure’s greatest features,” says Pechtold. “The hourly snapshots and the quick recovery of deleted files or emails means I sleep better at night. Prior to Dell AppAssure, I simply could not recover without losing a day of work.”
“Dell AppAssure has been exceptional,” Pechtold says. “From the price point to the product offering, to the support services, we would not have gotten this level of service with Symantec, Veritas, CA ArcServe, or anyone else.”
Your Dell AppAssure software includes Dell Software’s 24x7 Support, which provides access to back-up and recovery experts available around the clock and around the globe.
Dell Software Support provides expert technical assistance worldwide through highly experienced professionals committed to your satisfaction. Dell Software provides 24x7 support for assistance around the clock, including weekends and public holidays. This is an essential level of service if you have locations across multiple regions worldwide. You will also have access to:
- Technical support resources 24x7 for all severity 1 issues
- Online forums, documents, videos, and Knowledge Base
- Online service request (case) management
- Basic how-to trouble shooting
- Collaborative assistance with third party vendors
- The latest software upgrades
- Unlimited phone and chat support
Remote Implementation Services
Today’s IT organizations are often stretched too thin — consumed with administrative tasks that take time away from more business critical initiatives. We can help. Let us install your AppAssure software and get you up and running quickly with minimal effort with our remote installation package options. Basic Remote Installation Service includes:
- Installation and configuration of a single core server and up to 4 agents
- Day-to-day backup and recovery management tasks
- Overview of AppAssure technology and support infrastructure
- All of the above, plus one of the following:
- Export to VM implementation
- Replication implementation
- Bare metal restore set up
- Advanced Remote Installation Service includes all services in the Basic package above plus:
- Configuration of your retention policy and AppAssure reports
- Disaster recovery testing and validation