Scale-up efficiency without compromise
Gain outstanding cost efficiency with a highly scalable single-socket, 2U rack server. Easily add memory and storage for demanding modern workloads.
- 1x Full AMD SP3 processor stack TDP, up to 180W, up to 32 cores per processor
- 16 DDR4 DIMMs, RDIMM, LRDIMM
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H330, H730p, H740p, HBA330
Boot Optimized Storage System:
HW RAID 2 x M.2 + Internal USB + Internal Dual SD Module
External PERC (RAID):
External HBAs (non-RAID):
12Gbps SAS HBA
12Gbps PERC9 or 10 series, mini PERC x8 slot
- Front Drive Bays:
Up to 24 x 2.5” SATA/SAS/NVMe or up to 12x 3.5” SAS/SATA HDD
Rear Drive Bays:
Up to 2x3.5” SAS/SATA HDD
- Titanium 750W, Platinum 495W, 750W, 1600W, and 1100W 240HVDC 750W 336-380DC 1100W addition for China and Japan only
44.4 cm(17.48 in)
8.68 cm(3.42 in)
- iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller (no power capping)
iDRAC REST API with Redfish support,
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
- Optional LCD or Security Bezel
- OpenManage Enterprise
Integrations and Connections
- Microsoft® System Center, VMware® vCenter™, BMC Software (available from BMC) Nagios Core and Nagios XI, HPE Operations Manager i (OMi)
- TPM 1.2/2.0 optional, Digitally signed firmware
Silicon Root of Trust, Secure Boot, System Lockdown, Secure Erase
I/O and Ports
- Network daughter card options:
2 x 1GE or 2 x 10GE or 2 x 10GE SFP+
Video, 2 x USB 2.0, dedicated iDRAC Direct Micro-USB
LOM: 2 x 1GE, Video, Serial, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated iDRAC network port
Riser Options with up to 4 x Gen3 slots; 3 x16 lanes and 1 x8 lanes
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server® 2016
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.4
VMware® vSphere 2016 U1 (ESXi 6.5 U1)
Microsoft Windows Server® 2012 R2
- Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.
Scale-up server for cost optimizationThe PowerEdge R7415 delivers true versatility in a highly configurable, single socket solution. It offers maximum flexibility with up to 24 NVMe drives and 8 memory channels. With 128 lanes of PCIe connectivity and up to 32 cores, the R7415 provides an optimal balance of compute to I/O – enabling low latency, high performance compute.
- BI analytics
- Scale-out, high capacity SDS
Breakthrough performance for storage-intensive workloadsThe PowerEdge R7415 delivers cost-efficient scalability in a single-socket design. Add plenty of storage and memory capacity to meet the needs of demanding workloads. With the enterprise-class AMD EPYC™ processor, the R7415 delivers software-defined storage or business analytics in a single-processor design.
- Memory and I/O flexibility with up to 16 DDR4 DIMMs and 128 lanes of PCIe.
- Rich storage performance with up to 24 NVMe SSDs.
- Up to 2 terabytes memory capacity for in-line memory and analytics.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded managementDell EMC OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%.*
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protectionA comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.