Double your capacity and reduce your backup window
Customers looking to store and protect their data efficiently without the added cost and expense of software-based encryption with speeds up to 140MB\s and a capacity of 1.5TB’s.
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO-5 Ultrium tape drive
- Read and write to LTO-4 and 5, read with LTO-3
- Native: 1.5TB*
Transfer Rate and Backup Rate
- Native Maximums: 140MB/s; 504GB/hr
Native Transfer Rate
- LTO4 - 120MB/sec
LTO5 - 140MB/sec
LTO6 - 160MB/sec
LTO7 - 300MB/sec
LTO6 and LTO7 drives support 2.5:1 compression. LTO4 and LTO5 drives support 2:1 compression.
- Dell™ and x86 IBM and HP Servers
Support for NX4 and other NDMP products
Please refer to compatibility matrix for complete listing
- Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) at 6Gb/s
- Internal and External Drives Available
1.69" (h) x 5.83 (w) x 8.29" (d)
Weight (3lbs 9 oz)
2.56"(h)x 8.74"(w) x 12.87"(d)
Double the storage capacity and reduce your backup windowThe Ultrium LTO-5 technology offers up to 1.5TB native capacity with a transfer rate of 504GB/hr. That is an almost double the capacity, while shrinking the backup window by 15%, over previous generations of LTO4 drives. With a 6GB* SAS interface the PowerVault LTO-5-140 leverages higher transfer rates over traditional SCSI interfaces.
Excellent SecurityPowerVault™ LTO-5-140 along with LTO4, offers device level encryption. This enables organizations to protect their data efficiently without the added cost and expense of software-based encryption.
- Single external LTO-5 tape drive, internal model available within server configurations
- High performance and capacity back up a maximum of 1.5TB (native) of information at up to 504GB/hr (native)
- Read and write compatible with LTO-5 and LTO-4 media , LTO-3 media and is read compatible only
- Available with LTO-5 WORM (Write Once, Read Many) media to protect your data from being altered or changed
- Device Level Encryption simplifies the encryption process by helping to eliminate the need and cost of software-based encryption