Securely manage your data center
Manage multiple servers from one console with the Dell™ KVM 2161AD server console switch and opt for a Remote Access Key for remote access via any TCP/IP network.
Simplify your server management
The Dell KVM 2161AD includes support for high-resolution widescreen video, as well as support for Common Access Card (CAC) capability for smart cards over USB and four USB 2.0 ports.
- Performance you need: Improved 16:10 and 4:3 video display, field-upgradable firmware and seamless integration with Dell servers and accessories
- Security you depend on: CAC support with encryption for smart cards
- Improved productivity you want: At-the-rack access anytime, remote patches and upgrades can be made using Virtual Media and the optional Remote Access Key
Flexible and scalable
The Dell™ KVM 2161AD can grow with your business, helping to manage up to 256 servers from one unified console when tiered with additional Dell 16-port KVM console switches.
- Add remote access: You can install software and perform upgrades for your data center remotely with the optional Remote Access Key.
- Server Interface Pods (SIPs): The Dell KVM 2161AD is compatible with the following SIPs: PS/2, USB 1.1, USB 2.0 with Virtual Media support and USB 2.0 with Virtual Media/Common Access Card (CAC) support.
- Easy installation: Be ready in seconds. With Dell ReadyRails™ mounting interface, you get tool-free installation for the 1U rack space. The KVM can be mounted in the front or rear of the rack and comes with a blanking panel to prevent recirculation of exhaust from other rack equipment. Can be mounted in 0U rack space as well.
- Peace of mind: The Dell KVM 2161AD supports Dell and third-party servers, and includes the technical support and hardware warranty* service you need to stay up and running.
The Dell KVM 2161AD has 16 analog rack interface (ARI) ports for connecting to SIPs attached to servers.
- Four SIPs (PS/2, USB, USB2 Virtual Media, and USB2 Virtual Media + CAC) are available to address a variety of connectivity needs for servers.
- One SIP can replace a bulky keyboard/video/mouse (KVM) cable by converting the signals and driving them up to 50 feet through a single CAT 5 cable without signal degradation. The SIP cable draws power from the server, and it’s designed to keep the server working properly even if the Dell KVM connection is broken.
Easy to manage
Manage your data center using the Dell RCS software or the onboard Web interface (OBWI) with the optional Remote Access Key.
- RCS software is a cross-platform management application that enables you to view and control the Dell KVM and all attached servers. It provides secure switch-based authentication, data transfers and username/password storage.
- The OBWI provides similar management functions as the RCS software. It’s launched directly from the switch through a Web browser, and any servers connected to the RCS are automatically detected.
The Dell KVM comes ready to use with Dell RCS software and is compatible with Avocent DSView® 3 management software.