The cornerstone of your Connected Classroom
Expand your students' horizons with the Dell Latitude™ 2120. As the centerpiece of Dell's Connected Classroom solution, this durable, cost-efficient netbook empowers students and teachers through innovative collaboration, fast connectivity and safe, easy access to digital content. And, thanks to the Latitude commitment to support, administrative peace of mind is built right in
- Student-friendly design: Be ready for school with a durable rubberized case, an optional carrying handle and an optional tamper-resistant design keyboard featuring antimicrobial product protection.*
- Personalized for your school: Show your school colors with three color options and a personalization window for easy identification.
- Administrative peace of mind: Get the recognized support options of the Dell Latitude family, including remote systems management, long life cycles and managed transitions.
Discover smart functionalityEnjoy easy mobile collaboration wherever work takes you. Latitude 2120’s robust design and smart connectivity options help keep your office at your fingertips.
- Operating system — Windows 7 Professional.
- Flexible connectivity — Connect to the internet, the office and even virtualized computing environments from virtually anywhere.*
- Smart collaboration — Collaborate with ease using the built-in microphone, webcam and optional high-definition (HD) multi-touch screen.
- Road-ready design — Get protection against drops from Latitude 2120's rubberized, easy-grip outer casing.
- Coverage inside and out — Upgrade your keyboard to include antimicrobial protection* and a tamper-resistant design to help prevent lost key caps.
- Versatile data storage — Add an optional 128 GB* solid-state drive (SSD) for low power consumption, quiet performance and fast access to data.
Discover true flexibility
The lightweight, portable Latitude 2120 makes the perfect secondary system or shared device.
Discover Latitude fundamentals.Experience a cost-efficient mobile computing solution that includes all the core fundamentals of the business-proven Dell Latitude family.
- Simplified management: Push updates overnight to the stored netbooks in the Dell Mobile Computing Station (sold separately) via a remote system management solutions such as Dell KACE.
- Easy, efficient response to business: Enable solutions such as collaborative meetings or secondary managed systems for desktop users with optional full systems-management support (wake on LAN, ASF, SMS and more).
- Designed for low TCO: Get the low cost of ownership your business deserves with service and support options to assist with maintenance over the lifecycle of your Latitude 2120.
- Long-term stability: Take advantage of the Latitude commitment to image stability and image management through Dell's Custom Factory Integration program. Get the support you need now and later with optional Dell ProSupport services.*
- Intel® NM10
- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
Intel® GMA w/ Broadcom Crystal HD Media Accelerator
- 10.1" WSVGA (1024x600) Anti-glare LED-backlit
10.1" HD (1366x768) Anti-glare LED-backlit
10.1" HD (1366x768) Anti-glare LED-backlit with Multi-Touch
- External USB DVD+/-RW
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN and WiMax Options:
Broadcom BGN (802.11 b/g/n 1x1)
Broadcom AGN (802.11 a/g/n 2x2)
Intel® Centrino® Advanced -N + WiMAX 6250
Optional Mobile Broadband6 & GPS:
Dell Wireless™ 5630 Multi-mode HSPA-EVDO Mini Card (Gobi™ 3000) with A-GPS. This option will be available in March 2011 (US & China Only)
Dell Wireless™ 5550 Single-mode HSPA Mini Card with A-GPS. This option will be avaiable in March 2011
Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth® 3.0
- Dual Kensington lock slots
- Headphone/Microphone jack
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Network connector (RJ-45)
USB 2.0 (3)
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
3-in-1 card reader
1 Full and 1 Half Mini Card Slots
Weight* & Dimensions:
Preliminary Starting weight: 2.90lbs / 1.31kg (with 3-cell battery)
Height: (front/back) 0.89 - 1.57"/2.25-3.99cm
- 65 Watt AC Adapter
90W Auto/Air DC adapter (optional)
- Battery Options:
3-cell (28Wh) Lithium ion battery with ExpressCharge™
6-cell (56Wh) Lithium ion battery with ExpressCharge™
6-cell (54 Wh) 3 Year Warranty Lithium ion battery. This battery will be available in April 2011
Optional tamper-resistant keyboard design with anti-microbial protection
Multi-Touch Screen (HD panel only)
Dell ProSupport — designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PROACTIVE|
|International Onsite Service — Provides service and support for your Dell laptop while you are traveling. |
Specialized Onsite Options —Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for notebooks include:
|Asset Management and Protection |
|Enterprise-Wide Contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through: |
Dell ProSupport for End-Users is designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. End-users receive 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support plus “how-to” support on popular software applications, such as Norton AntiVirus, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Small Business Server, Intuit QuickBooks, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat.
|Customization and Set Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments that require a single point of accountability.
Custom Factory Integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services, such as custom configuration, consolidation and integration, in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Intel® AMT and Intel® vPro™ Support
For Intel AMT and Intel vPro customers, new deployment service options, such as unique password pre-population; pre-configured management settings; and no-touch deployment, can help ease deployment concerns while saving time and money.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive, select boot order, change BIOS settings and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.
Not your ordinary computer cartWhether you need a solution for charging and deploying multiple laptops or a convenient way to keep multiple systems on hand, the Dell™ Mobile Computing Station (sold separately) provides an easy, efficient solution.
|Stow the office’s computers at the end of the workday, and keep your technology secure with the cart’s sturdy double locks.|
|Easily transported between locations, the Dell Mobile Computing Station works equally well in small offices, event venues or large training rooms.|
|The Dell Mobile Computing Station embeds a wireless access point that can be connected to your local network in order to provide wireless connectivity in its vicinity.|
The flexibility IT needsIT departments have enough on their plates without having to worry about maintaining outdated PC storage and charging solutions. With the Dell Mobile Computing Station (sold separately), Dell technology does the hard work for you.
- The Dell Mobile Computing Station can charge up to 24 Dell Latitude™ 2120 or Latitude 2110 and Latitude 2100 systems at once. Easy one-hand docking lets you quickly stow each system for charging and deployment, freeing up time for the inevitable daily IT “fire drills.”
- Wake-on LAN means you can deliver updates using the office network at any time, from anywhere. Using a single Ethernet cord (conveniently stowed in the side of the Dell Mobile Computing Station), IT can deploy up to 24 systems at once.
- It may look like a standard PC cart, but the Dell Mobile Computing Station packs a variety of IT-friendly features under its hood: a wireless access point, an Ethernet switch, alerts to indicate charging is complete, and an intelligent cooling system all come integrated.