48-port Gigabit Ethernet blade switch
The PowerConnect™ M6348 delivers increased port density valuable to blades utilising virtualisation in today’s data centres.
- 32 internal Gigabit Ethernet server ports (two per server blade)
- 16 external integrated RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Stacking for up to 1 2systems
- Supports CX4 and SFP+ 10GE uplink connections
Advanced 48-port blade switch offering from Dell
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) v1/v2
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) v2/v3
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
- Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol (DVMRP)
- Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)
- Link Layer Discover Protocol-Media (LLDP-MED)
- 48 auto-sensing 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet switching ports:
32 internal server ports
16 external RJ45 Ethernet ports
Two 10GE SFP+ uplink ports
Two CX4 / 32Gbps Stacking ports (each port can be configured as either CX4 or 32Gbps stacking. 16Gbps in each direction)
Auto-negotiation for speed, duplex mode and flow control
Flow-based port mirroring
Broadcast storm control
- Switch Fabric Capacity 184 Gb/s
Forwarding Rate up to 160 Mpps
Up to 32K MAC Addresses
512MB of CPU SDRAM
64MB of Flash Memory
Layer 3 Routing Performance
Up to 10K IPv4 Routes
Up to 3K IPv6 Routes
Up to 512 RIP Routing Interfaces
Maximum OSPF V2 LSAs is 25165
Maximum OSPF V3 LSAs is 16992
Up to 32 routes for ECMP Routing; up to 4 next hops per ECMP
Up to 128 VLAN Routing Interfaces
Up to 2K Multicast Forwarding Entries
Up to 400 NDP entries
Up to 8K IPv4 ARP Entries
Up to 4K IPv6 ARP Entries
- Spanning Tree (IEEE 802.1D) and Rapid Spanning Tree (IEEE 802.1w) with Fast Link Support
Multiple spanning trees (IEEE 802.1s)
Supports Virtual Redundant Routing Protocol (VRRP)
Optical transceiver diagnostics
- VLAN support for tagging and port-based as per IEEE 802.1Q
Double VLAN tagging (QinQ)
Up to 1024 VLANs supported
Dynamic VLAN with GVRP support
Voice VLAN support
Quality of Service
- Layer 2 Trusted Mode (IEEE 802.1p tagging)
Layer 3 Trusted Mode (DSCP)
Layer 4 Trusted Mode (TCP/UDP)
Advanced Mode using Layer 2/3/4 flow-based Policies, including metering/rate limiting, marking and bandwidth guarantees; up to 100 ACLs can be used for QoS flow identification via Class-maps
8 Priority Queues per Port
Adjustable Weighted-Round-Robin (WRR) and Strict Queue Scheduling
Port-based QoS Services Mode
Flow-based QoS Services Mode
- Static IP Multicast
Dynamic Multicast Support – 1024 Multicast groups supported in IGMP Snooping
IGMP snooping for IP multicast support
IGMP and MLD snooping Querier
Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM-DM, PIM-SM)
- IEEE 802.1x based edge authentication -- supports single and multiple host access, guest access, and voice authorization.
Switch access password protection
User-definable settings for enabling or disabling Web, SSH, Telnet, SSL management access
IP Address filtering for management access via Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS/SSL, SSH and SNMP
RADIUS and TACACS+ remote authentication for switch management access
Up to 100 Access Control Lists (ACLs) supported; up to 12 Access Control Entries (ACEs) per ACL
SSLv3 and SSHv2 encryption for switch management traffic
Management access filtering via Management Access Profiles
- Link Aggregation with support for up to 48 LAGs total, up to 18 of which can be dynamic, aggregated links, 8 dynamic aggregated links per switch and up to 8 member ports per aggregated link; LACP support (IEEE 802.3ad), LLDP-MED
Support for unicast NLB (multicast NLB not supported)
- Supports a simple switch mode to allow auto configuration of complex network settings
- Web-based management interface
- Industry-standard CLI accessible via Telnet, SSH or Local Serial Port
- SNMPv1, SNMP v2c and SNMPv3 supported
- 4 RMON groups supported (history, statistics, alarms and events)
- FTP, HTTP, FTP, SFTP and SCP transfers of firmware and configuration files
- Dual Firmware images on-board
- Multiple Configuration file upload/download supported
- Statistics for error monitoring and performance optimization including port summary tables
- BootP/DHCP IP address and configuration management supported
- Syslog remote logging capabilities
- Temperature sensors for environmental monitoring
- 267 x 258 x 31mm (W x D x H)
10.5" x 10.2" x 1.2"
Approximate weight: 2.7kg, 5.8 lbs
- 512MB of CPU SDRAM
64MB of Flash Memory
- RFC 768, 783, 791, 792, 793, 826, 854, 855, 894, 896, 951, 1027, 1112, 1155, 1157, 1212, 1213, 1215, 1256, 1286, 1321, 1442, 1451, 1492, 1493, 1519, 1534, 1573, 1643, 1757, 1765, 1812,1867, 1901,1907, 1908, 1981, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2082, 2131, 2233, 2236, 2328, 2373, 2453, 2460, 2461, 2462, 2464, 2474, 2475, 2597, 2618, 2665, 2666, 2068, 2246, 2271, 2295, 2296, 2346, 2365, 2576, 2578, 2579, 2580, 2674, 2710, 2711, 2737, 2740, 2818, 2819, 2863, 2865, 2866, 2868, 2869, 2869bis, 3046, 3101, 3164, 3246, 3260, 3315, 3376, 3410, 3411, 3412, 3413, 3414, 3415, 3416, 3417, 3418, 3484, 3493, 3513, 3542, 3580, 3587, 3736, 3768, 3810, 3973, 4213, 4251, 4252, 4253, 4254, 4291, 4419, 4443, 4541, 4601, and 4716
- IEEE 802.1AB
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 0º C to 45º C
Storage Temperature: -20º C to 70º C
Operating Relative Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
Storage Relative Humidity: 10% to 95% non-condensing
- See M1000e Modular Server Enclosure Owner’s Manual
Dell Global Services can deliver what is needed to help ensure that your IT investment is optimized.
Supporting Your Unique Environment
The right support is not one-size-fits-all, so Dell ProSupport provides a flexible, reliable and easy support model – empowering you to customize services to meet your unique business needs. For example, organizations with an IT team can take advantage of Dell ProSupport for IT. You get the tech-to-tech support you need, and the ability to bypass phone-based trouble shooting when you already know the problem with Fast-Track Dispatch.
Dell ProSupport options give you the opportunity to directly align support to address critical challenges – like maximizing the uptime of your server and storage infrastructure. With the right options, the Dell ProSupport Mission Critical option is designed to help you reduce critical downtime by as much as 48%*. Dell is recognized as a leader in the industry for mission critical support – and is the 2005 and 2007 winner of the highly coveted SSPA Award for Mission Critical Support. Further maximize the availability and stability of your infrastructure through Dell ProSupport Proactive Maintenance with scheduled assessments, streamlined patch management and detailed reporting.
Additionally, Dell ProSupport Remote Advisory options can provide telephone access to technical expertise on applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization and more.
To learn more about Dell ProSupport visit www.dell.com/prosupport.
Strengthening Your IT Infrastructure
Dell Infrastructure Consulting can help integrate your new enterprise hardware into an existing or evolving IT infrastructure. We can provide guidance whether you’re adding single or multiple servers, a storage area network or virtualizing your environment.
We can also help you enhance the overall performance of your IT infrastructure and data center by consolidating software and hardware, reviewing data usage to optimize the environment, developing a business continuity plan and by helping you migrate to standards-based technologies.
Dell helps simplify implementation with deployment services that speed time to production of new hardware and IT solutions. During the initial system-build of your server, we can customize software and hardware to match your specific requirements. By helping you rapidly deploy new capabilities while minimizing disruptions, we can contribute to improved efficiencies and lower costs.
Empowering Your Team
Our education services provide training and certification courses to help you and your team better manage and use your new hardware so you can reap the full benefits of standards-based technologies.
Get the most from your new systems. Turn to Dell for the services you need to help Get IT Faster, Run IT Better and Grow IT Smarter.
For more information, please visit www.dell.com/services.